Luckily, it melted pretty quickly this first day. We went into town to look around. It was quite wet. And muddy. It was still cool, so we thought it would be nice to get the kids some hot chocolate. We went to a cute little cafe. We warned the kids that it was hot and to be careful not to spill it.Liam was the first to spill his.
Issy and Isaac were kind enough to share the rest of their hot chocolate with him. Joe and I weren't done with our coffee, but we decided to go ahead and walk some. A kind shop owner saw us and asked if we would like our picture taken:
Not a bad picture, if I say so myself. Pretty much immediately after this, I picked up my coffee while the kids were admiring the snow behind us. I was standing behind Issy, who then jumped up in excitement and spilled the rest of my coffee all over my sweater.
Not a bad picture, if I say so myself. Pretty much immediately after this, I picked up my coffee while the kids were admiring the snow behind us. I was standing behind Issy, who then jumped up in excitement and spilled the rest of my coffee all over my sweater. Which led me to remember: ideas in my head (like getting hot chocolate with four small children) are often easier in my head than in real life. Not saying I wouldn't do it again. Sometimes I really just need to adjust my expectations.
The next day we were going to drive to the top of a pass we drove last year, but it was closed so we found a different one. We stopped at the top and walked a little further on the trail. Great views. My little mountain babies:
Overall, it was a pretty great trip. After the first day, the snow melted and it was gorgeous the rest of the time. It was nice to get some much needed time in the mountains.
Overall, it was a pretty great trip. After the first day, the snow melted and it was gorgeous the rest of the time. It was nice to get some much needed time in the mountains.
3 comments:
Some one was telling me this weekend that we should see the mountains or the ocean once a year. We have neither in WI but at least I look at pictures. ;-)
Beautiful! I'm so glad you guys got to get away for a while and be with *your* mountains again.
beautiful pictures, glad you all had good time and enjoyed some beautiful scenery.
Post a Comment