Thursday, July 14, 2011

31 weeks

31 weeks

Baby George was looking good today. He is estimated at a hefty 4 1/2 lbs already- in the 80th percentile. We are now scheduled for weekly appointments from here on out. Which I am really trying not to be overwhelmed by. But it is overwhelming. It also helps put things in perspective- that neat list of appointments, ticking off the weeks until this little boy comes out to greet the world. I am scheduled through 40 weeks, but if he would like to come out earlier, that would be mooooore than ok with me. We discussed doing the amnio at 37 weeks, which we are going to go ahead with. While I don't relish the idea of another amnio, it seems like the smartest course of action.

This will be the longest/shortest summer I have experienced. It is already mid-July and yet, when I look at the finish line, it seems soooooo very far away. It has been so hot. My back/hip issues have been helped immensely by the chiropractic, I am so grateful for that. But other pregnancy discomforts have crept up, some more challenging than others. Recently, I have started to feel very claustrophobic in my body, I feel like I can't breathe well enough and it makes me feel all panicky. And I am not sure how I can be pregnant for one day longer, let alone 9 weeks.

But I have enough self-awareness to know that I am prone to being overdramatic and that even though things seem difficult right now, I will indeed make it. And when I am holding that sweet, soft little baby, this will be just a memory- there, but hazy around the edges. Thank goodness for that.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Looking good sis! Praying for you to feel peace during this last part of your pregnancy.

Debi said...

Awww...such a cute belly! I will be praying for you too...I remember that same panicky feeling...I couldn't have expressed it so clearly, though.

Angie said...

That'a boy George! Way to weigh in!

Erika Marie said...

well you look beautiful! Yes I agre with Debi==good description! I'll just read that when I'm thinking of having another...
you're almost there! the weekly appnt's will make it go faster and give you some 'structure' for the week.

Unknown said...

you are so sickeningly cute as a pregnant lady. *sigh* if only ......