Monday, August 29, 2011

The rest of the summer...

For whatever reason, blogger will only upload one picture at a time, which is tedious, but I am glad I at least figured it out :) Here what is what we have been up to this summer besides doctor's appointments.

My sisters and brothers- in-law, Joe and my Dad have been working on my Dad's house to get it all cleaned out to sell sometime in the not so distant future. Since I am largely pregnant, I got to watch after the little ones. My four + five nieces and nephews = loud times. Although I should say that my niece Teresa, who was eleven (now twelve!) was really one of the watchers more than a watchee.
The boys played out in the pool and then gathered around the computer to watch each other take turns playing Angry Birds. Even Zane watched part of the time.
The girls taking their turn in the pool.

There has also been some nesting this summer. Among my bigger projects was decluttering the kitchen. This was a few weeks ago and it still isn't too bad.
The surface at the forefront of this picture is usually covered in papers and toys and various assorted things I put there to keep out of the reach of children.
Junk and bill drawers conquered.

And, since it has been nearly the hottest summer in recorded Kansas history (we might just get there yet!), there was a fair amount of swimming.



Getting in on the nesting. They actually really like to wash windows, who am I to quash that kind of enthusiasm?
Even a little bit of knitting for my girl. I started this soaker in January. Yes, January. She uses the potty on occasion but I am not really going to even attempt potty training her until after my boy is born and the dust settles so I figured she could get a few good months out of it!

Issy and Adelle spiffing up my nephew Robert's old tricycle which we found in the shed at my Dad's. Now Delle has her own trike!

This summer of appointments and excitement and busyness has showed me how much of a homebody I really am. It has been good, but I am dreaming of the upcoming autumn days, cooler weather, slower pace, school starting and snuggling my little new guy.

5 comments:

Debi said...

Wow!! You are a super-woman!!
Love the organizing!!
Your blog looks pretty awesome too!!

Angie said...

You have a beautiful kitchen! And super cute kids!

Happy nesting!

Monica said...

That soaker is AWESOME!!!!

Granite in the kitchen?

Erin said...

Thanks guys! I forgot you hadn't been here, Monica, yes the kitchen has granite countertops. I really like the kitchen in this house :)

Ray said...

I think it is funny you washed windows as part of your nesting because I washed my windows and organized too. Thank goodness I still have about 12 weeks left in which to nest because I have far more to accomplish!