- Like: flannel sheets for cold nights. Our room is really drafty, so it's super snuggly.
- Dislike: potty training. Not a fan. I really shouldn't complain because the boys were ridiculously easy to potty train- they initiated it shortly after they turned two, did it in a matter of days and rarely had accidents. Suffice it to say, it has not been going that smoothly with Adelle.
- Like: baking. I hadn't felt much like baking until just recently. That makes me happy. Makes the kids happy.
- Dislike: large piles of laundry for folding and putting away. I really don't mind actually doing the laundry, I am just not great about then getting it where it needs to go.
- Like: soft, red yarn. Perfect for a Christmas sweater. We shall see if I can actually complete it.
- Dislike: stuffy noses for my two youngest. Tis the season :P
- Like: huge grins from my 2 month old. It makes his eyes wrinkle and his chubby little cheeks puff out over his double chin. I am charmed.
- Dislike: waking the baby up when he is sleeping to take him somewhere. It takes effort to get him to sleep, it seems wrong to ever wake him up.
- Like: homeschooling. I love watching them learn, and the time it allows us to spend together.
- Like: my return to craftiness. It makes me sad when I don't have the energy to craft, but it I feel like it isn't something that can (or should be) forced. I like having projects lined up.
- Dislike: postpartum hair loss. I built a person, I should be able to keep the nice hair. At least till he weans.
- Like: fire in fireplace.
- Dislike: smoke from building fire in fireplace. Whoops. Apparently I need to get on the roof and make sure the chimney isn't blocked. And I feel a little dumb for that not occurring to me in the first place.
- Like: Snuggles from my toddler. She has liked me more since I had the baby. That makes me very happy.
- Dislike: Not enough time. Which now makes me think of this post. There is just more that I want to do than hours in the day.
I have a husband who is my best friend, my highschool sweetheart and who I am still crazy in love with after almost 15 years together. We have babies... five beautiful, stubborn, imaginative, strong-willed little ones who challenge my wits and sanity every day. I am a lover of God, of birth, of life, of the forest and mountains, of wheat fields. I create things with yarn, needles, my heart and my hands. I am me.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
A quick list of likes and dislikes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like your list :) Potty training, there is no interest here at all. I am hoping if I wait that he will end up being easy like Jude was when I waited, we never really ended up potty training. I like the chubby 2 month old and can't wait to see him tomorrow! I'm glad your feeling crafty and I concur on not forcing. Oops on the chimney, I was just telling Jason we need to get someone out here to check ours out so we can light it some day. Snuggly toddlers, I've got one of those :)
Yeah, the potty training is weird. She seems interested. And yet, not. She *can* go on the potty and will if i remind her. But she also seems perfectly content to go in her diaper and have me change her right away. Maybe it would be a better idea to just put it a aside and recommit after Christmas. I also don't want to give her mixed messages about going back and forth, though. Gah.
nice list! Yeah, I would say I hate potty training. Ok, well I guess Alaina was super easy, she practically begged me to let her pottytrain but the boys are a whole different story.
I hope you do get that sweater done, if not by Christmas maybe Valentine's Day?
I'm so with you on laundry. We always have clean clothes but getting them put away....UGH!
Likes- your blog ;-)
Post a Comment