Tuesday, March 27, 2012

First project


I am excited about our house. It has a good layout, for the most part and there is a lot of potential. But as with most not-designed-or-decorated-by-you houses and since it was built almost 20 years ago, there is some updating that needs to be done.  First things first- the light in the entry way. We took down the old one (top picture- I was holding it because I forgot to take a picture before Joe took it down.) and replaced it with this neutral one (or at least I think it is pretty neutral now. I am sure it'll look dated in 20 years.) And this is the beginning of making this house our own...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

So much better! Eventually I will get around to changing our ugly light fixture. Can't wait to see more home updates!

Monica said...

Have fun! It is great making a house your own. It takes a long time but is totally worth it. Good choice on the light.

Debi said...

Love it!!

Erika Marie said...

Much better! It's amazing what some new light fixtures can do!

Erin said...

Thanks ladies! Debi and Monica, you are my home makeover inspirations :)

Anonymous said...

MUCH better! Home improvements can be so much fun, and also frustrating, but we'll focus on the fun. Yay for starting to make it yours!

Monica said...

Oh, you give me way too much credited. If you are impressed with any home makeovers at our house, then the credit goes to my dear hubby.

Monica said...

um, "credit"