It was actually a pretty good, full, we are going this alone again, week at our house last week. We started our lessons again, unpacked some boxes, put up some kid's decorations, got the rest of our stuff delivered. It was weirdly normal. Maybe since we have moved so much in the last few years, unpacking and settling in is just part of our lives on a semi-regular basis?
I really like this house, very much. I haven't taken a lot of indoor pictures yet because there are still quite a few boxes laying around, but soon. The bedrooms are really generously sized, which is nice since we are putting multiple kiddos in them. It is nice to be able to put a bed, their clothes and even a few toys in a room without it looking like we really crammed it all in.
The one downside of this house is that the kitchen is kind of small. At least compared with the kitchens I have had recently. There isn't a pantry and not quite enough cabinet space. But we have been brainstorming ways to put in a pantry, so that will help a ton. And paint! Oh my gosh, I am so excited about the paint. I have found so many wonderful ideas on pinterest (thanks, pinterest!) and I think I want to paint the cabinets white and the walls a robin egg blue. So light and beautiful and cheerful. It has been such a long time since I have gotten to decorate a house the way I want.
The kids have been adjusting to life here, too. Pretty well, I think. I have started potty training Adelle in full force, which has been, um... interesting? Not terrible, all things considered, but met with some successes. And some messes. She doesn't seem to much like the idea of pooping in the toilet, which is somewhat unfortunate. Once I figure out what will motivate her to do so, I think things will smooth out. She actually woke up dry this morning, which I don't expect her to do again, but was a nice surprise.
I will try to have pictures soon :)
4 comments:
Sounds like you guys are settling in well!! I love the color scheme white with robin's egg blue!!! You must take pics of that!! I am totally thinking of painting our upstairs bathroom that color!!
Have fun decorating!
So glad you're settling in nicely. It's nice following your family from afar.
Do you use disposables or cloth at night for your biggers? I so badly want to use cloth at night but just can not find an option that doesn't leak, isn't huge, or doesn't have a horrible ammonia smell once my kids hit 9mos. to 1yr-ish.
Good luck with the potty progress. Kolbe is definitely stuck. He poops on the toilet, but potty has been pretty slim lately. Oh well.
OOO, white cabinets with robin's egg blue! That would be too much for me, I might have to move in. ;) Those were actually colors I'd wanted to do originally but it didn't make sense to paint our cabinets white with this house. Maybe one day...20 years from now ;)
I'm so glad you are all settling in well. It sounds like you are really going to enjoy home ownership :)
It's late and I'm so tired but wanted to tell you I read your blog, am glad you're settling in, and am loving all the updates! PS- we have found great potty success with G using jelly beans:)
Post a Comment