Doing her schoolwork in the morning.
She picked out a boxed cake and wanted to make it herself. Such a big girl!
I decorated it. It was quite the pink and purple creation (cake decorating is not a talent of mine) but she really really seemed to like it. She asked for fairies, but we forgot them at the store (they were even on the list!) so she got princesses on her cake instead. This was an acceptable substitution.
Among other things, she got a American Girl doll comb for her dollies from Grammie and Grandpa. I included this picture to show the joy. She has wanted that comb for a long time.
My big girl, her homemade crown, doll (with freshly combed hair) and her cake.






5 comments:
Fun fun! I was wondering how the birthday celebration went. She was sure excited about it when we were around...such a special day for a special girl!
Sweet pictures, I love her excited look. Who knew a doll comb could bring such excitement? Her cake turned out cute, very sweet pictures.
Thanks for sharing these! We really missed being there. It looks/sounds like she had a great day. I love the cake! Those are some awesome letters, I am no good with writing with icing.
Sigh, does she have to grow?
This post made me absurdly happy for some reason. You have such a beautiful family, Erin.
Beautiful. The girl, the cake, the joy. Sigh.
Post a Comment