Monday, July 9, 2012

Journal- Chilling out


Today:
Out my window: Beautifully sunny but cooler than last week. Much cooler, thank goodness.  Going to be hot by the end of the week, though. I think the hot weather followed us from Kansas.

Clothing myself in: Big blue T-shirt of Joe's and red plaid shorts. Still in the jammies :)

Around the house: Phase 1 of the room is almost complete. We just need paint the doors, get a couple of wall plate covers, attach the hardware on my dresser.Pretty much the same as last week, although we already cleaned. But we will likely have to do it again soon because it always seems to get messy again.

The kiddos: George started really walking this last week. And getting into cabinets and drawers.  Man, toddlers are exhausting.  Hoping to get Issy and Isaac and Liam together with some of their new friends this week.  They are also thrilled to pieces that cousins will be coming on Saturday. 

In my kitchen: Meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes, Turkey and rice casserole and Tuna salad sandwiches are up on the menu this week. 

Crafting: I did actually knit a few stitches of George's diaper cover.  I want to start on a vest for one of the kids for school, but I can't find the pattern I want to use.  It is somewhere on the computer. Hmmmm....

Bringing me joy:  Air conditioning.  I am a much happier person when I am not hot and sweaty.  Honestly, it wouldn't have been quite so bad had I a) not been nursing a hot, sweaty person. That apparently increases the hot and sweatiness tenfold and b) not had mastitis and a fever. So glad it is back on.

Thinking about: "Marriage for the Christian is a continuous sacrament, an act of praise and obedience, and a means of grace that is inherently every bit as "spiritual" as anything that goes on in a monastery, or in any church or mission field for that matter, and every bit as important (or more) as any other "work" that one might do in the world." from The Mystery of Marriage by Mike Mason.  Got this book as a wedding gift, read it a loooong time ago and it has been sitting on the shelf. I decided to read it again.

Picture to share: My guys.

No comments: