Monday, July 30, 2012

Journal: End of July

Today:
Out my window:  Sunny, beautiful, low 70s right now.

Clothing myself in:  Orange T-shirt and plaid pajama shorts. I really need to start getting dressed before I do this.  I really don't walk around the house all day in pajamas, I promise.

Around the house: No further work on the  master bedroom.  Right before my sister came we did, however, paint a couple of walls in the boys room with some leftover paint from our room.  All the walls had been painted a very dark charcoal grey/black so we painted one wall and a partial wall light greyish blue.  I like it better in there now.

The baby:   He is sleeping much better this week.  Staying asleep in the evening and only waking once or twice a night.  It is magical.

Other kiddos: For whatever reason, Liam and Adelle have really been buddies lately.  It is very sweet.  He is pretty patient with her and even though she is bossy, he can steer her in the right direction as long as he let's her think it is her idea (er, most of the time.)  It will be interesting to see how their relationship develops when Issy and Isaac go back to school.

Ah, it was the sweetest thing.  Joe's birthday was last Friday and all the kids wanted to give him something.  Liam wrapped up a bear of his, Issy and I collaborated on fixing Joe's old HoneyBear from his childhood (it had a hole in it) and giving it to him.  And Isaac wrapped up his money to give to Joe.  Isaac told him it was for Legos.  I asked him if that was the rest of his money (it was about $6.50) and he said it was the rest of his paper money.  So sweet and adorable. 

In my kitchen: Grilled chicken (haven't decided how to marinade it yet) and couscous, Jambalaya, Chicken Alfredo. 

Crafting: Finished my hat with the yarn that I bought at the yarn store.  Made and felted a pair of slippers for Adelle (Issy was intended recipient but they turned out way too small), continued knitting on the sleeve of Issy's Pinwheel Sweater I started last winter and helped Issy cast on a pair of her own slippers.

Bringing me joy: Beautiful Saturday drives with my husband and kids, knitting with my Isabelle, having my evenings free again, celebrating my husband's 31 years on this Earth.



Thinking about: I realized that since we are going to Kansas at the end of August, we need to get the remainder of our summer school finished up before then, which made me feel a little panicked.  I know it will be fine, but you know....

Picture to share:  She told me it was shaped like a heart.  Yes, she has cherry juice on her fingers, face and forehead.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Very nice! Happy Birthday to Joe! My girls looked quite similar to Adelle, that is covered in cherry juice but those cherries we found at Aldi were delicious and on sale! So, I'm looking at all your knits and I am thinking of taking a beginning knitting class, hmmm, really thinking about it.

Erin said...

I wouldn't mind teaching you while I am down there this fall, if we can get the children to stay occupied long enough to do it :)