Monday, August 13, 2012

Journal: Dad visit

Today
Out my window: 77, partly cloudy. So beautiful. I would be okay if it stayed like this all year.

Clothing myself in: Jeans. Teal t-shirt. This shirt gets a lot of mileage because it a)  is one of three shirts that actually fits me and b) doesn't have holes in it.

Around the house: Not much since we went from my niece to having my Dad visit.  Joe is getting antsy to work on a project, so maybe something soon.  Would love it if we could finish painting the doors in my room.

The baby:  He walked backward the other day.  What 11 month old does that?  His nighttime sleeping his been not great, but his naps have been good.  And he has been sleeping for a good stretch in the evening.  We may get there yet.

Other kiddos: We went school supply shopping on Saturday and they were thrilled to pieces.  I admit, I always loved school supply shopping as a kid and I also really like it as an adult.  I think Issy and Isaac would like it if I would let them wear their uniforms and backpacks around all the time for the next several weeks.  Silly kids.

In my kitchen: Chicken alfredo tonight, grilled pork chops and Liam requested Turkey burgers for his birthday on Sunday.

Crafting: I have knit a few rows on Issy's sweater but that is about it.  One of my godsons has his first birthday coming up and I am going to knit him a winter hat.

Bringing me joy: Meeting new friends through the Mom's group at Church, walking in our woods and seeing the sunlight filter through the trees, the smell of freshly sharpened pencils.

Thinking about:  A friend who is waiting for her fourth baby's arrival.  She is like a sister to me and I miss getting to be with her in these last few days/weeks of waiting time.  If you could send some prayers her way, that would be much appreciated :)

Picture to share: Grandpa time


2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh the weather! WONDERFUL 'normal' Wisconsin summer weather- finally! Imagine your whole summer like this- now that's more like it!

Glad to hear of the new friends and excited to hear about school as it begins.

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear you've been able to have so many visitors, and that the group at church has been welcoming to your family. It sure is sweet to see George walking along with the "big kids"! Melanie is also super excited to start school on Friday. It was really nostalgic for me when we went to meet the teacher night b/c the room she's in was the same room I was in for kindergarten, they even still had an old bathtub that was converted into a reading "couch" that was there when I went there! They all get so big, so fast. Very bittersweet!