Monday, August 20, 2012

Journal: Getting ready for school and more visiting


Today
Out my window: 54. Sunny and such a nice "fall" morning.

Clothing myself in: Grey corduroy pants. Buddy Walk shirt.  I am going to miss doing the Buddy Walk this year- it was a lot of fun last year!

Around the house: We have been taking advantage of the cooler temperatures to work outdoors in the woods.  On Saturday, Joe sectioned off a part of the woods and we went outside as a family and cleared the sticks and branches and we made a wood pile out of some of the bigger logs he cut up.

The baby:  Woke up this morning with a stuffy nose. It figures, since me and the littles are going to Kansas in a couple of days.

Other kiddos: Always interesting to see my kid's personalities come out.  When we were working in the woods the other day, for example.  Issy, who is normally a good helper but tires quickly, was having a problem with her toe. Isaac was working very determinedly and even after I told him that the kids could play while the adults kept working, he choose to keep working with us.  Liam would pick up a branch every once in a while, carry it around, play with it, get a drink, wander around. And Adelle mostly wandered around and entertained George, who was sitting in the stroller.

Yesterday was Liam's birthday. I will devote a whole post to it with pictures once we get them on the computer, but suffice it to say, it was a beautiful and fun day.

In my kitchen: Not much! Wonder what Joe will make when I am gone. I always intend on setting some food aside and freezing it for him while I am away but that never quite happens. It is fine- he is a big boy.

Crafting: Started a $5 in Paris sweater the other day in pink and brown yarn. I am a little concerned that the bust might not be big enough, even though I added some stitches to increase it *rolls eyes*  Oh well, it won't be off by much and I won't be nursing forever, so it will be fine. Still have Issy's sweater sleeve and George's diaper cover on the needles.

Bringing me joy: Sitting with my 6 best people in our trees, with a light breeze and beautiful little songbirds over head, anticipation of snuggling a sweet little newborn and hugging his mama, who I talked about in my Thinking About last week

Thinking about:  So many things to do! The kids start school two weeks from tomorrow and we are going to be in Kansas for most of that time.  Laundry, paperwork, finishing some schoolwork, packing, organizing. Oh my!

Pictures to share: Light saber duel


4 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm looking forward to your visit! Sounds like you guys are really make the place yours- well done!
And I'm glad to hear Liam had a fun b-day. 6 is a fun one!

http://sarahunfiltered.wordpress.com said...

I keep meaning to comment on just how much I love this "journal"-ing thing. I may have to copy you one of these days. It gives me such a great glimpse at your life.

That's all.

Erika Marie said...

I'm finally returning to the blogging world and catching up on blogs. Thank you so much for thinking/praying for me as I waited for Luke. It has brought me much joy to have you here to hold him and be with me during this precious newborn time!

Erika Marie said...

Also, I'm so glad that you are finding joy and peace in your new home with your family. God is good. :)