Clothing myself in: Pretty cowl neck pink long sleeved knit shirt, my nice jeans. Grey socks with pink and white snowflakes. I wanted to be fancy for Valentine's Day
Around the house: All adult laundry is done and ready to be put away. Gonna do that today. I really mean it.
The toddler: Sick again :( In this round of passing things back and forth, he got a fever and cough. He was so warm last night, I was worried. He is still plenty ornery, though, even illness doesn't slow him down much. If he isn't better by tomorrow, I might take him to the doctor. Gah, I hate the whole "should I take the child to the doctor" dilemma. If there isn't anything they can do anyway, I prefer to let it pass on it's own and not risk giving him (and the siblings that have to go along) something worse that they pick up at the doctor's office. On the other hand, I always worry that I will miss something really bad. I had no idea that motherhood would be so anxiety-inducing.
In other news, he climbed out of his crib on Friday night. So we converted his crib to his toddler bed on Saturday. It has actually been going pretty well. We are back to nursing him or rocking him until he is drowsy and then laying him down, which is fine. Sniff- big boy.
Some words this week- around, around (when him and Adelle run in circle together), what's that, and stop (said very emphatically when a sibling does something he doesn't like).
The kiddos: Isaac made his First Reconciliation on Sunday. Beforehand, he told me that his soul was excited to be clean :)
They are all adjusting to Kolbe being gone. Liam is very expressive about it and the others are a little more quiet.
Crafting: Nope
The kitchen: Tried my hand at some homemade cream of mushroom soup yesterday and I thought it was good. I think I will try to make and a freeze a few batches- it was so easy. Made the Butternut squash and sausage dish and it was delicious. I used bowtie pasta and turkey sausage instead, with no complaints. Cataloging my meatless dishes for Lent.
Bringing me joy: Well, there has been much sorrow since Kolbe passed,but it is important to find joy even in sorrow so: I am so glad that he died in what appeared to be a peaceful way, in his safe place; for the chance to console our children and the way that they console each other; and for the way that my boys helped Joe outside on Sunday.
Joy for the grace of Reconciliation. Joy for a good start to Lent.
Thinking about: Lent. I gave up my Kindle Fire. I think this will be good- difficult, but fruitful. I am looking forward to this Lent.
Picture to share:




2 comments:
not that i am glad that you have anxiety-ridden moments in parenting; but it does make me feel better that even one so well-versed x5 in motherly ways can have a thing as "trivial" as parental anxiety. my mom is staying with cameron this week and she called me at work yesterday because he had cut his finger while playing with the rusty heater vent. it was very very minor and bled a little but he didnt notice. however as soon as she started throwing around words like "tetnus vaccination" i got a bit panic-y. the "should we go to the doctor" internal debate ensued. i opted against it, so far the finger is still attached so i think we're good.
Your kids are so sweet. I wish there were multiple "like" buttons interspersed throughout your posts so I could more easily convey the things that made me smile. Your family is such a blessing.
Post a Comment