Out my window: It was foggy when I got up this morning, but I think I see some actual blue in the sky currently and the sun trying to peak out. Supposed to get up to 50. Pllllleeease?
Clothing myself in: Grey paint shirt from yesterday and fleece Tinkerbell pants.
Around the house: We decided yesterday to do some "Spring" cleaning room by room on the weekends. This week was our room. We went through our closet, organized, purged. We painted around the mirror and light fixture! I will have to take some pics- I really like how it turned out. I am still working on the stuff that has accumulated on my dresser, but we are getting there.
The toddler: Words: friends, sorry, sing song. His sleep has taken a turn for the worse. I feel defeated- I can't even figure out how to fix the problem. Except for taking him back to Grammie's house because he slept so much better there! But he is super adorable right now, too. He has such a great smile. He is so exuberant and charming. I love him.
The kiddos: So many exciting things in the next couple of months. Isaac's first Communion is in about 3 weeks, he is getting excited (in his understated, Isaac way :) ) The kids will get done with school in about 5 weeks, Kansas shortly after that.
A good Adelle story: Joe and I have been splitting Masses because George has been an uncontainable beast, to put it mildly. Noise and antics that an entire building cannot contain. Joe went Saturday with the girls and I took the Isaac and Liam yesterday morning. When I got home, Joe was telling me that George had a very stinky diaper while I was at Church and Adelle chimes in, "Daddy changed Georgie's diaper for you, Mama." Apparently, diaper changing is my thing in Adelle's mind?
Crafting: Almost done with my deadline project :) Got my shrug back on the needles after George took it off :)
In the kitchen: Scraping things together with what is leftover and we will have a big shopping trip next week. The tuna burgers from last week were super duper tasty. I think my favorite way to eat tuna.
Bringing me joy: An organized closet, George's grin, the way my little boy looks so handsome in his first Communion suit, the Eucharist, the promise of a 50 degree day.
Thinking about: My mom. So much lately. Maybe I will share in another post soon.
Picture to share: Ah, not much to share this week. At least not that I have put on the computer. I have been having lots of fun on iPhone.
7 comments:
great idea with the spring cleaning by room! lord knows that spring cleaning or really any deep cleaning in any season, would be much needed at my house. there are some things (like blinds... or windows..) that just never get cleaned. but going room by room makes it seem much less daunting. :) tuna burgers sound very interesting, recipe please? i hope you get your warm day!!
Yes, I think the room by room will work out nicely. I think we are going to do the girl's room next week.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tuna-burgers I used cracker crumbs (wheat ritz) instead of bread crumbs, significantly less hot sauce and olive oil mayo. Super yummy. Even the kids liked them. Except George- I didn't give him one because he is anti- tuna.
hmMMmmm! thanks for the recipe, it looks pretty good! 441 calories per burger is a bit insane though, but i imagine plain yogurt isntead of mayo, etc would help. good luck with the projects!
I didn't even think of using plain yogurt- thanks the the suggestion. The olive oil mayo has significantly less calories than regular mayo (35 cal vs 105 cal per tbsp). You could also get away with less mayo than it calls for.
sorry about georgie's sleep. i agree that you should just bring him back to ks. why don't you just stay for the summer? : )
(and no, i'll never stop trying to win you back to the sunflower state. i'll only, maybe, admit defeat if you move to mountains.)
It is ok, Mare, it is flattering that you love us so much :) Someday, I will coerce you into making the drive out to visit us. Think of the fun our boys will have in the woods here!
It seems a bit late to comment now but I just want to say that I love the Adelle story.
And I'm super excited for Isaac's first communion! It makes me excited to think of Nicholas wearing a suit one day soon too.
I'll ditto Michelle on the good idea of cleaning room by room. Although for me that doesn't end up working as well because I'll start in one room and realize I need something from another and then I'll end up cleaning that room too and well you know how it goes from there. Plus once I get started cleaning I don't like stopping...it's just the starting that gets me.
Post a Comment