NB: I started this on Monday. So much for efficient blogging.
Out my window: 52, overcast, but it is supposed to get into the mid-seventies today. Hooray! The last couple of weeks have been beautiful, except for some cold rain a couple of days last week. I know I am a weather whiner, but man, this was the longest winter ever.
Clothing myself in: Jeans, old teal Old Navy T-shirt and a tan cardigan.
Around the house: The Spring cleaning by room has been going well, but not quite at as quick of a pace as I would like. Our room took about two weekends. The laundry room took several days but I worked on it during the week. It is awesome. Everything is easily accessible, easy to put back in the right place, not cluttered. I still need to go through the old bills and file or destroy, but other than that, it is pretty great.
The toddler: We have been back and forth on the sleeping since last post. Which, I should be very grateful that there has been any "forth". I am still pretty stumped as to why. I started keeping a food and poo diary (gross, I know, but you do what you gotta do) and there were some things that seemed correlated. Cutting out peanut butter seemed to improve his sour poo issue almost all the way. Well, until this weekend. sigh.
And, perhaps by coincidence, or not, the four times I have skipped giving him a probiotic in yogurt, he has woken up at 4:15. Other than that, we have seen a the 4:00 hour a whole lot less, and even a few days in a row of after 6. I am still obsessing about the difference in those days because I WANT MORE OF THEM. If I could replicate those days precisely, including activity, clothes and food so that he would sleep better, I totally would. I sometimes wonder if this is all making me a little bit on the crazy side.
The kiddos: Most exciting: Isaac's First Holy Communion was yesterday. It was a really beautiful, wonderful weekend. Joe's parents were able to make it, the weather on Saturday and Sunday was fantastically gorgeous and my boy was happy. He looked so handsome. And grace. So much grace.
Two more weeks of school! So exciting :)
Crafting: Got my deadline project done. It was a scarf for our sweet babysitter/ housesitter who entered a convent on April 27th. Plain black scarf. I am so glad we got a chance to meet her and have her get to know our family and to get to know her. She will be very much missed but I look forward to her prayers for us.
In the kitchen: Grilled bratwurst and pasta salad tonight. Homemade pizza tomorrow with turkey sausage, sauteed onion, sweet peppers and mushrooms. Yuuuum.
Bringing me joy: The sunshine on my face, warm breeze that smells like pine. Organized laundry room, Kolbe pup's memorial garden, kneeling next to my boy as he received his first Communion. Linens on the clothesline, and sleeping in them the first night. Spending time with Joe's parents and seeing how much my children love them and they love the children. I could go on. Spring brings many things that bring me joy- it might have to be it's own post.
Picture to share: Sweet Celine came to have breakfast with us a few days before her entrance to the convent. She is wearing the scarf I knit her :)

3 comments:
ha! i totally know what you're talking about with the 'replicate exact conditions that *might* have contributed to good sleep'. i used to do that with ben. yes, i was desperate and crazed. glad you've had some sunshine and all the other goodness. ben keeps telling people that his friend liam is coming : )
Yay for spring! Sounds like all in all it's been a pretty good week there. Aside from the sleep craziness. But you're used to that by now ;) you'll get to sleep well this weekend! Your joys bring me joy.
Oh and your dinner menu sound awwwweeessommeeee!
This post made me happy.
I love Spring too. And yes, longest. winter. ever.
Post a Comment