Monday, July 1, 2013

Journal:Sister visit

Out my window: 66 and sunny, which makes me very happy.  It has been rainy, rainy, rainy and when it isn't raining the mosquitoes have been horrible.  Locals have told me and Joe that every so often there is a really terrible year and that this is one of them :P  Since it is supposed to be dry for a few days, Joe sprayed the yard yesterday and, at least immediately, it helped immensely.  Hopefully it will provide longterm mosquito control as well, because it has been pretty miserable.

Clothing myself in: Cloud jammie pants, white tank top.

Around the house: Need to complete my clean up of the basement storage room and set things back the way they were before my sisters came.

The toddler: We are at a bad point in the BM cycle and his bottom looks bad :(  I think he is teething, too, cause he is drooling, chomping on his fingers and his nose is runny.  He talks all the time now.  Working on being soft with Adelle and Critter.  He is doing better with Critter.

The kiddos: Need to get back on the math with Issy now that cousins are gone.  The older two boys and Joe are going camping together next week, so I suppose I will need to start making plans for that.  That will be exciting for them.  Isaac is doing really well.  He seems to be less fatigued, his mouth is finally healing.  His echocardiogram was good last week.  His labs were good- liver enzymes and platelets have returned to normal.  He has one more echo in a month and as long as that looks good, too, we will take him off the aspirin.

In the kitchen: Need to go through the cabinets and do some assessments so we can use up some of what we have.  After I go to the store, I have hoping to pick up the things for Sarah's black bean and quinoa salad because it is yum.

Crafting: Need to get back to it.  Maybe I will try to look at some beautiful, inspirational things online today. Or organize my yarn?  That would help.

Bringing me joy: Laughing with my sisters and really, just spending time with them.  Seeing my kids have fun with their cousins.  Days at the lake, sunshine, mosquito free breeze.  Getting to spend time with Joe after a business trip.

Thinking about: Our home here. I will admit, the mosquitoes being bad this year have led to a bit of disillusionment about our home.  We have this beautiful land and, in practicality, it is completely inaccessible unless we would like to be covered in itchy, red welts. Which makes me feel frustrated, cranky and just kind of depressed.  I don't know what the solution is.  Stick it out? Give up? I really do love the community and not every year is like this.... I don't know the answer.  We are open to wherever God wants us to be: here or elsewhere.

Pictures to share:

 Bubble beard boys.  The rest are from me and my sisters' trip to Sheboygan to see Lake Michigan.
 Pretty Michelle and Zane

 The water was super-clear.  And very cold.
 George and Richard digging in the sand.
The beach was very beautiful

4 comments:

Erika Marie said...

So glad Isaac is doing well! Hope it continues that way.
Those lake pictures make me want to go there. Until I read about the mosquitos. I have a couple bites that are driving me crazy. Mosquitoes seem to like me more than others so let me know when they are gone. :)

Erika Marie said...

p.s. glad you had good times with your sisters!

Erika Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

The mosquitoes are fine in Sheboygan where the lake was. They just really like Necedah :p