Clothing myself in: Skinny jeans, though I've lost some weight so they are kind of baggy skinny jeans. Feel sorry for me, okay? :P Navy blue boat neck shirt with 3/4 sleeves.
Around the house: Fur. Oh my, the fur. Honestly, this time of year, it makes me wonder why I let Joe convince me to get these furry little friends.
Kiddos: So, after our house hunting trip for adults/ trip to Kansas for the kids, today was my first day "home" with them. Well, I agreed to train my replacement, so I went in for an hour this morning, but mostly home. It was weird/ wonderful to be home all day. I loved working at my job. It was good and necessary for me to do it. But it is also very good to have all my kids here, with me now. For the mundane, for the ordinary- for tying George's cape around his shoulder while he was playing "super" with Adelle. For Issy pouring me the coffee I had forgotten I had asked her to make, for Liam stomping at me in frustration about a math placement test and talking him down, for kissing Isaac's cheek as he sat next to me, trying to read over my shoulder. I know it is going to be a challenge in patience and organizational skills, but I am very much at peace to be with them and educating them again.
They all had a great time in Kansas. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends. We are very blessed.
Bringing me joy: Sitting on a mountaintop with my love. Watching him take pictures. Him encouraging me, me encouraging him on our hike. Drinking coffee by a campfire. The joy and awe that filled my heart at being in the mountains again. Dreaming with him, making plans with him.
When we went to Kansas, the conversations with friends. Really, I am always taken aback by how easy it is to slip back into that groove when we haven't seen either other for a year. Real love and friendship doesn't know distance.
The hugs from each of my babies the morning we got to Kansas after our trip. The looks on their faces. Just precious.
Thinking about: Well, this one is complicated. Three houses, three different communities, weighty pros and cons to all three. It is a blessing to get to choose, but difficult.
Pictures to share:
A very sweaty me about halfway through our Monday hike. The views were awesome. I am already getting amnesia about how hard the hike was.
We took the ski lift to the top of this one. Much easier.
What more is there to say?



5 comments:
I am excited to hear about where you are being led! I wish we could have seen you guys, but glad it was a good visit and house hunting expedition. Sending prayers for your family.
yay! it all sounds lovely!
Beautiful pictures. Enjoyed the update.
I've been spending some time catching up on your life. I am so excited for your new adventure! I will admit I am a tad jealous too, in the best possible way. :)
Love the pictures. You look great!!
Post a Comment