So hi! I am alive. Things have changed completely since my last post.
Let's see, some non-house things: we started our homeschooling year. Issy is in 6th grade, Isaac is in 4th, Liam is in 2nd and Adelle is in Kindergarten. We are enrolled in a virtual school through another school district and so far, so good, for the most part. It is obviously an adjustment. Getting used to the curriculum, getting used to each child's learning style, strengths and weaknesses. Managing time well.
The blessing of being enrolled in a virtual school is that there is accountability, the materials are provided and I don't have to worry about not "doing enough". The con is that it is a fair amount of work to get through- it is very "school at home". It is fine for the older three since they are used to it, though.
I love having the kids together again. I love them being each other's. Seeing them interact, playing together, even fight. I miss my job, but I love being with them.
Life is not perfect. I get tired. George sometimes makes school difficult, the older kids sometimes huff at me (I love the eye-rolls) when I asked them to play with him so I can work with someone else. Schoolwork made one of my children cry in frustration yesterday. Sometimes Critter eats the puzzle pieces that are left on the floor. Markers get left out and George scribbles on couch cushions.
But it's still pretty great, overall.
Ah, the house situation. So, pretty much immediately after pushing "publish" on my last blog post, we got a counteroffer on the Wyoming house that was unworkable and it was made clear that they weren't willing to meet us on a price that would work for us. So no.
So we pursued a house in Idaho. And very shortly after our counter-counteroffer was accepted, we found out that the contract on this house was going to fall through because the buyer was having loan issues. Fortunately, there was another party interested. They went to the bank to get a bridge loan and we found out last Monday that they would also be unable to buy our house because of some financial issues. And the first people that put in an offer (with a contingency) were still interested but their house hasn't sold yet.
So to lay it out- under contract on a house in Idaho. Three interested parties but no one to actually buy this house.
To say that this was upsetting or stressful would be an understatement. I also feel, because this is a situation that we willingly choose, I have no room to complain or feel badly. I am trying to remind myself that we are here to do God's will, whatever we discern that to be. And if that means that now is not the time, it isn't the time.
We had a showing on Tuesday and are having an open house this Saturday. If we don't get any offers from that, there is a fairly good likelihood that we will lose the contract on the Idaho house. That is, obviously, disappointing. But if it isn't that house now, we will find something else when this house does indeed sell.
When we put this house on the market, we expected it would take a while to sell. It was surprising to get an offer (and then a second offer!) so quickly. I think the hardest part has been going back and forth on expectations. We thought it would take a while to sell, then we were supposed to be moving at the end of September, and now we are back to it taking a while.
So now, in order to keep our sanity, we are being hopeful but realistic in our expectations. We will embrace and enjoy life here now and be present in the moment until we are off on a new adventure.
4 comments:
That sounds very stressful. Prayers for peace, clarity and resolution.
Ugh, that stinks :( BUT you have a great attitude! Prayers, friend.
I'm so glad you are enjoying homeschooling and having everyone home together again. I really admire how you genuinely love your kids and enjoy their company...even if it's not perfect all the time. ;)
On the house front, God is only stalling to save something even better for your guys. ;)
I kind of purposefully didn't post until I could reign in my attitude about it, Amy ;)
Thanks for the prayers, friends. The good news is that all the people that have seen our house have wanted to buy it, so it isn't a lack of interest. So we will just have to be patient for that person who has their financial ducks in a row to actually buy it.
Post a Comment