
Some yarn i purchased recently. There is a fantastic yarn store about five minutes from my house. I went in there yesterday and chatted with the owner, who was telling me about things to do around here and how to keep your sanity during the long winter. She was very nice and it was nice to interact with someone :) I got some Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb on sale (the rainbow colored yarn) and now must find something spectacular to do with it. The manos (grey and shades of brown) i actually got at the yarn store in Jackson when the kids and I visited Joe the other day. It is going to be a soaker for Liam because his booty is getting bigger and he is outgrowing his old stuff. The other two are sock yarns because i have decided to learn to knit socks :)

This is tricky. It is going to be a LTK Girlie Halter. The back is all finished and it only took me a day to do. I don't know why the front seems to be knitting up so slowly. It is the same pattern as the back for several inches. I am just not motivated to do back and forth knitting. I really prefer knitting the round. I am plugging away on it because i think it is going to be really cute when its finished (perhaps a little big, but that means it'll work for next year too!)

I started an LTK Raglan for Annika. Why Annika when her own mother knits? Because i love this yarn, wanted to do the pattern and i only had enough yarn to do an Annika sized sweater. She is going to look adorable in it!


Ahhhhh, the sock! I cast on last night and the top picture is about midday and the bottom picture is just about 30 minutes ago. And no, i didn't even have to neglect my housework :) I still have a couple of inches to go before i start the heel. I love the way the yarn is striping up. The simple things in life bring me such joy :D
1 comment:
Wow I love how those socks are knitting up, so cool. I must start some socks soon. I love your other new yarns. Annika's going to have rocking new sweater, it is going to be beautiful. Posted my stash on my blog!
Post a Comment