Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Three Irish Girls yarn and a sock

Michelle and i joined a co-op for Three Irish Girls hand-painted yarn. Here it is in the Elsbeth, Nolan and Reilly colorways with a coordinating trim for each. Michelle, i was going to only put up a picture of mine so it would be a surprise, but i decided i couldn't tease you like that :)


I have been holding onto this sock yarn for several months now, i got it on discount at Knitpicks because they discontinued this line. But i thought it would make a really lovely pair of winter socks. I am used the RPM pattern from Knitty.com I really love the way that it turned out. It is hard to see, but it has a spiral that goes down the ankle part and across the top of the foot. The pattern was really simple, but fun.

8 comments:

Khageman said...

I am so envious of those socks!

Erin said...

It is a goal of mine to eventually knit enough socks for myself that i will never have to wear boring white athletic socks again.

Erika Marie said...

those socks look so cozy! That's a good goal, although are they as comfortable as athletic socks?

Erin said...

Tentatively, i'll say yes to that. I suppose that there is some sock yarn out there that is less than comfy, but this isn't it!

Michelle said...

I love the sock and pattern. And the yarn well it is fantastic!

Unknown said...

I am going to have to interject...I don't think these socks would always be appropriate to wear! Unless you make some ankle socks. Seriously-I could not let you wear these with shorts. That's so 80's!

Unknown said...

But, i do like them :)
They are very beautiful and look comfy.

Erin said...

Yup, i intend on knitting some ankle socks too :) Although i suppose i will have a couple of pairs of athletic socks handy for hiking. Never fear, dear Anna, i will remain fashion conscious.

Wait, that would mean i am fashion conscious now, lol ;)