Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ho hum

Yes, i am still alive!

Joe got back from Las Vegas last Friday safely. He worked late several days this week, which was stinky. We relaxed last weekend, so this weekend we are trying to get some stuff done around the house. With the kids around! Ha!

My latest endeavor was inspired by Michelle (as so many things are). In an effort to have an environment conducive to learning, we are setting up a Learning room. Liam has his own room, although he takes his nap in my arms in a recliner and only really is using the room in the evening when he goes to bed and before he wakes and joins us at night, and it seemed like a bit of a waste. So we decided to make that the Learning room. We set up all the kids books, some flash cards, the puzzles and have a magnadoodle for Issy, who is keenly interested in writing her letters. I did a quick sketch of each letter of the alphabet for the walls (although i am hoping to pick up something a little sturdier at a school supply store). They are so excited.

Oooo, you will all be so excited for me. I left the house. Several times this week. Yup, i am finally conquering my fear of driving (although it has helped that it has been sunny the snow has been melting off the roads the last week) and it has been nice to be able to get out. The kids appreciate it too.

Everything else is pretty quiet around here. Gearing up for our big trip in March. Yay! Not so much looking forward to the drive, but very excited about seeing everyone again. Will have a picture update soon :)

4 comments:

Erika Marie said...

Yay!-to the driving and getting out! :)

That's exciting about your learning room. I know for us, that has definitely opened up a lot more opportunity to do more productive 'play' throughout the day. You know it's actually kind of neat; I find that when I am in that room with the kids, they are so much happier than I am out in the other room doing laundry/cooking, etc. In there, they know it is their time with me to be together. I'll take pics of our room soon. I've changed it around so much! Good for you though :)

Michelle said...

I bet Isaac and Issy will love the learning room. Jude is so excited about our learning room. We had our first lessons in there today. It is fun to work on the room and I can't wait to add more materials to ours.

Glad you are getting out more!

Erika Marie said...

oo that is exciting Michelle!

I hope we can all keep our excitement for this beyond the preschool years!

Patty Arnold said...

I want a learning room! :)