Wednesday, January 21, 2009

19 wks and my midwife appt

19 wk belly view from above

I had my appointment with the Rexburg midwife group this morning. It went surprisingly well! There are three midwives in a group together, and two OB's who handle the high risk stuff. The midwife I spoke with today, Rachel, seemed very personable and thorough. She was very pleased that I was able to have a vba2c with my last birth and said that made things much easier (since now I have the elusive "proven pelvis"). It also bodes well that even though I was sensitized during my last two pregnancies, my babies were healthy. We also discussed induction, should that become necessary, and there didn't seem to be a problem with doing a foley induction like last time.

Basically, since I am higher risk because of the kell they will be in close contact with their consulting OB's and I might have to see them some, but I should be able to do at least some of my care with the midwives. I will be having a 20 wk anatomy scan the 29th and meeting the OB's and talking with them.

They have been in contact with the perinatologists that come to Idaho Falls from Salt Lake City once a week. My appointment is indeed going to be Feburary 11th and we will be doing the amnio that day. Bleh. I mean, I want to get the amnio overwith, but I really loathe doing them. The idea of my baby sharing my womb with a big needle, however briefly, is extremely disconcerting. But if we do it and the babe is negative, we can just leave him or her alone, to grow in peace. Unfortunately, if the baby has the antigen, I will have to go to IF for all my MCA dopplers, they don't do them in Rexburg. And I suspect that if tranfusions become necessary, we will be going to SLC, since that is where the perinatologists are based out of.

So at this point, everything is all lined up with everyone and we have to take it an appointment at a time. Little Spud has made his/her presence known in the last week- I am really starting to notice the punches and the rolling. I think this is going to be a fiesty baby!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cool belly shot :) I plan to take one this week, mine is getting very large.