


Last week, I got a a chance to try out my new cross country skis! It was very fun, though the trail conditions weren't great because it was snowing a lot. As soon as they groomed it, it was covered in several more inches of powdery snow. But it was peaceful and it was quiet, which are things that this mother can appreciate. Just my skis, parting the powdery snow with each step, gaining rhythm. The sound of my breath and the snow falling on my coat. The chill on my face. Solitude.
3 comments:
where was this?
These pictures are from the trail behind the school in Alta. I went on the Teton Canyon trail this morning, I'll try to post those pictures later, it was a mucher clearer day today and the pictures are purty :)
Ah, I am so excited for you. It looks wonderful. A little exercise and alone time will do you good.
Post a Comment