We went to town today so that the kids could use the gift certificates that their Grandpa got them for Christmas. While we were there I picked up some goodies for future crafting.

Some simple, cheap onesies for Adelle. I am going to find a yarn that compliments all three of them (I am thinking a light green or light pink) and knit some little newborn shorties for her this summer. It is really hard to find just plain t-shirts for newborns (as opposed to the onesies with the snaps) so I will just cut off the bottom of the onesie and hem in up into a shirt so she can wear with with her wool. Sweet and a relatively easy project.

I had to buy some girlie flannel for diapers. I have the Very Baby pattern to make some fitteds, though I might try another pattern too. Issy and Isaac helped me pick out the fabric, I think they did good!



The finished Curly Purly kimono. I bought this yarn on sale at the LYS shortly after we moved here, it is Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb (wool/silk) It is gorgeous, vibrant colors and soft and wonderful to work with. I started this kimono pattern because I really love way it looks finished. Unfortunately, there is an obscene amount of seaming, so I put it away for a year and a half because I didn't really have anyone to give it to anyways, and therefore not a ton of motivation to seam it (because I really loathe seaming). But I was looking through my unfinished projects last week and decided to revive it for Adelle. Good for evenings in the mountains. I loooove the way it turned out!

And a picture sock update! I had finished the cuff last night and then today at the yarn shop I did the heel flap and turned the heel, and started the gusset at the ankle. I am in the home stretch!
7 comments:
The kimono is AWESOME. I love the colors, it makes me happy every time I look at it.
You make your own fitteds?? Is it difficult? I have some very rudimentary sewing skills, but this sounds awesome. Do you have a pattern/instructions you could email me?? I am very interested in this. I use prefolds and kissaluvs contours, and LOVE the fit of the contour.
Thanks!
Oh, and doesn't Gerber make just a plain white kind of wrap-around t-shirt? I think I've seen them, and I'm pretty sure that's what they put Gemma in at the hospital after she was born. Just very simple. You may check a store that carries Gerber and see what they have.
I will email you, cause I think I might be too longwinded to post here, lol
monnimusic@yahoo.com
Thanks!
And just at your leisure, I know you're busy so no hurry.
my goodness...after three babes you still don't have enough diapers? or have they gotten worn out?
Looks like some fun projects coming up. The kimono did turn out super cute. I can't wait to see your finished projects.
Love, Squishy at the library:)
Well, we didn't cloth diaper Issy, so I only have diapers from Isaac and Liam. And actually, the fuzzi bunz that i bought nearly four years ago when Isaac was six months old are still being used and 8 or 9 of the 12 have held up very well, considering they have been used all four years.
I started to sew Liam some fitteds, but only got about four diapers into it before they induced me. Fortunately for my sister Michelle, who is having a boy in April, I cut out way me than that, so she is getting a ton of precut fabric soon.
But the diapers are getting pretty old and worn, so it is time for some new ones. And I need to make cute girlie ones for Adelle :)
Post a Comment