Monday, November 9, 2009

So you know how I was talking in my last post about how he has been doing his afternoon rest better lately? This is usually how he ends up:
I set the timer for an hour, give him a few books and tell him that he can get up when his timer beeps. For some reason, this works. I am about 99.9% sure that this would not have worked had I tried it 6 months ago. I will not try to analyze this any further, I will just be grateful. In the second half of the hour, he usually falls asleep with a book on his lap.
In this post from a couple of months ago I talked about how my children sometimes do odd, amusing things. One day recently, I walked into the basement at rest time and Issy and Isaac were sitting on the couch, laughing heartily while staring at something near their feet.
It was this:
....which is a fire truck with a superhero cape and Spiderman mask. Why this tickled them so much, I am not sure, but I am glad that it made them happy.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow Liam looks like such a big boy in that picture, I'm so glad he is getting rest these days :)

Isaac and Issy's creation is very cute, I'm glad they enjoyed it so much!

Monica said...

I am always very amused at the things kids find funny. It tickles me.

Erika Marie said...

Liam looks like Dominic in that one.
the spider man monster made me lsugh also :)

Jackie said...

the spider man/firetruck is eating their toes! very amusing. i have also used the timer thing with jude, and he at least will stay in his room until it dings. yay for children developing rational skills!

Erika Marie said...

I think Nicholas would just play with timer...