9 years ago today, Joe and I consecrated ourselves to Mary on the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. It seemed appropriate at the time, the choice of feast day- my own mother had just died two and a half weeks prior. Although I don't spend as much time in my devotion to Mary as I used to, this post has given me occasion to reflect on the ways that her intercession has made a difference in my life over the last nine years. I mean, I will only be able to know all the ways it has changed me on the other side of eternity, but even now I can understand that she has been able to take the prayers from this mother's heart and lay them at the feet of her Son. What a wonderful gift God gave us in the Blessed Mother!
I have a husband who is my best friend, my highschool sweetheart and who I am still crazy in love with after almost 15 years together. We have babies... five beautiful, stubborn, imaginative, strong-willed little ones who challenge my wits and sanity every day. I am a lover of God, of birth, of life, of the forest and mountains, of wheat fields. I create things with yarn, needles, my heart and my hands. I am me.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Our Lady of Sorrows
9 years ago today, Joe and I consecrated ourselves to Mary on the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. It seemed appropriate at the time, the choice of feast day- my own mother had just died two and a half weeks prior. Although I don't spend as much time in my devotion to Mary as I used to, this post has given me occasion to reflect on the ways that her intercession has made a difference in my life over the last nine years. I mean, I will only be able to know all the ways it has changed me on the other side of eternity, but even now I can understand that she has been able to take the prayers from this mother's heart and lay them at the feet of her Son. What a wonderful gift God gave us in the Blessed Mother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment