Monday, October 25, 2010

Good morning, little one

Adelle has been scary lately. My sweet little peanut was replaced by a cranky, opinionated toddler whose favorite word is no (not just a demure little no, either. We are talking the sassiest, loudest NO! that a 16-month-old can muster). She is in a good mood sometimes, but you can't count on it. It has been challenging, for sure.

This morning, she had woken up to nurse at 6:15 and then apparently Issy stirred and woke her up again at 6:45. I laid down in Issy's bed to nurse her again and snuggled her close to me. She started out a bit restless, but as she nursed, the good hormones worked their magic on us- she stopped fiddling, I could feel her breathing even, her little tummy rising rhythmically against mine. And I was filled with love and gratitude for her. She is a challenge at times, but so wonderful. So beautiful. Learning, imitating, growing. I am thankful for those peaceful moments, wrapped up in blankets and warm milk and love.

6 comments:

Monica said...

like. like. like.
Very beautiful.

Angie said...

Yep, if only warm milk had the same effects on us some days I think I need someone to snuggle and nurse me. ;-)

These sure are beautiful moments, though!

Anonymous said...

Sounds a lot like most mornings at the O'Crowley House :)

Michelle said...

Yes I love those moments!

Elizabeth said...

Definitely a time like no other in our season as their mothers :)

Erika Marie said...

love moments like those. Like you told me once, it takes some scary ones to appreciate the good ones.
I like what Angie said. I feel like that a lot too and then remember that God gave us His Mother, Mary, to comfort us when we are just pooped and can't go anymore.