Passing the yuckiness around here, which is a bummer. Well, I guess it is just the boys who have gotten it, and I am hoping against hope that no one else gets it (specifically, Adelle. I hate it when the baby gets sick, it is so much harder since they can't communicate effectively.) Or, if we do all get it, we can be done with it before Easter. Low expectations, friends, it makes life with small children bearable.
I got the preliminary chromosomal results of the amnio back (which I didn't realize they could do a quick test- the full test takes a couple of weeks) and he looks fine from that standpoint. Hooray! I am starting to feel back to normal. It took a little longer this time- maybe because this is the earliest I have had it done? I can't overstate how much I am glad that is over. And how I am really hoping that is the last needle in my belly I will need this pregnancy. I am so sincerely hoping to avoid needing any in utero tranfusions. We shall see.
We learned this last week that Lamby is a must for Adelle to sleep. She got Lamby last Easter, a cheap grocery store stuffed animal for her Easter basket that quickly became "the One". I never intended on Lamby being the One. She looked worn about a month after being loved on. So a couple of weeks ago I went to the grocery store and got New Lamb. Same lamb, only cream colored instead of brown and she looks like Lamby must have looked a year ago.
Well, Adelle left Lamby at a friend's house last week and I thought it was no big deal, she could sleep with New Lamb.
Only, no. No, no, no. She went to sleep ok, woke up about an hour later and it was downhill from there. She would flail her arms out, looking for Lamby and cry. From about 9:30 to 1:30. It was awful, poor little thing. I would try to hand her New Lamb, she would fiddle with it for a minute and then throw it.
Blessedly, Lamby was returned to us the next day and she has been sleeping fine ever since. Scary, though. Must protect Lamby as if my very life (or at least my sleep) depends on it from now on.
4 comments:
[holding her head in shame] sorry again about lambie but glad to know she's got something that can help her sleep like that.
on another note: I LOVE your blog background. It makes me happy.
oh and I hope everyone feels better soon and yay for the good news for the initial results!
Seriously, don't worry about Lamby- it happens. I am just glad we got her back :)
I love the background, too :D
Oh that must have been tough. I am very glad Gianna does not cling to one particular animal, or blanket. I dread the day she does, because I am not so great at keeping track of things!
Post a Comment