Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A post four years in the making

In October 2007, I taught Issy to knit. She has slowly, every few months since then, worked on knitting a rectangle, which would eventually become this purse:
Last week I was going through my yarn basket and I found her knitting and she set to it and finally finished it. To say she was excited about finishing it would be an understatement. She was elated. It needed a few finishing touches though. We sewed up the sides.
Bought a pretty button,
Sewed in a liner and added a little clasp for the button,
And she has a purse that she knit herself!

4 comments:

ArmyWife said...

she looks SO much like you in this picture!!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Awesome!! Love it :)

Elizabeth said...

Way to go Issy! That is quite the accomplishment :)

Michelle said...

Yay, so exciting! It turned out really cute.