Today:
Out my window: 60 degrees. Sunny, cool. Feels like fall already.
Clothing myself in: Blue stripey shirt and cloud pajama pants. Nope, not dressed yet.
Clothing myself in: Blue stripey shirt and cloud pajama pants. Nope, not dressed yet.
Around the house: Nothing. I got nothing.
The baby: He must read my blog. Because last Monday night he started sleeping poorly again. I suspect it is teething because he cut one of his other top teeth at the beginning of the week and the second one at the end. That makes the top four all through. We are just waiting on another bottom one for the set of eight front teeth. And then, first molars. Hooray!
Honestly, he is still more pleasant than he was a few weeks again, so that is good. And still really cute :)
Other kiddos: Issy is really rockin her multiplication tables, which is one of the things we needed to cram in before school started. That will be a relief. Isaac finished all of this "Over the Summer" worksheets for school, so he was excited about that. And I decided what I am doing for homeschool for Liam this upcoming year. Mother of Divine Grace, with a heavy dose of Alphabet Path to supplement and enrich. I am hoping this strikes a good balance between essential/beautiful/interesting.
Honestly, he is still more pleasant than he was a few weeks again, so that is good. And still really cute :)
Other kiddos: Issy is really rockin her multiplication tables, which is one of the things we needed to cram in before school started. That will be a relief. Isaac finished all of this "Over the Summer" worksheets for school, so he was excited about that. And I decided what I am doing for homeschool for Liam this upcoming year. Mother of Divine Grace, with a heavy dose of Alphabet Path to supplement and enrich. I am hoping this strikes a good balance between essential/beautiful/interesting.
In my kitchen: Soups. I know in my head it is only August but my body says Autumn. So Italian Sausage Soup and White Chicken Chili are on the menu this week, among other things.
Crafting: Got the first sleeve of Issy's sweater finished! Reeeallly hoping I have enough yarn to complete the second one. If not, I have a pretty easy plan B, but I would have to rip back the first sleeve some and I really don't want to do that, if possible. So I will just pray to the patron Saint of knitting that I have enough yarn.
I was reading something on Ravelry about how to cinch up a too-loose neckline, so I did a crocheted edge to fix the neckline on this grey sweater. It has bothered me since I knit that sweater, so I am pretty excited. The sweater is also about two inches too short for my liking, so having the neck fixed makes me want to rip back the bottom and add a couple of inches. And maybe rip back the sleeves and make them a little more fitted to my liking. When you give a mouse a cookie and all that... or, in this case, a knitter a better neckline.
Bringing me joy: Beautiful and cooler days, my sweet niece is visiting, planning my Kansas visit, planning for the littles schooling.
Thinking about: Choose Face Time Over Screen Time In particular, this part: "They have quietly stolen the idle moments of our day — those quiet, pivotal moments that happen in between the things we do all day," Warner says. "They used to give us a moment to pause and reflect. A moment to pray; a moment to think of somebody else; a moment to rest; a moment to prepare for the next thing that we do — a moment to be present.
But now we habitually reach for our gadgets without even thinking every time one of these idle moments hits. And just as quickly, our minds have been sucked away to a far-off place."
Picture to Share: My niece is visiting. A couple of pictures from our nature walk yesterday.
Tree hugger. Ha!


4 comments:
This makes me sooooo eager for fall. Hubby is just champing at the bit (actually, he's been ready for fall since May). He even made an apple crisp this weekend...I told him it wasn't fair to have those smells wafting through the house and not be wearing jeans and a hoodie. It did cool a bit here, but by that I mean highs in the 90's instead of the 100's. We take what we can get. Have a blessed week, always enjoy your journaling!!
i, too, am jealous of your fall weather; but happy for you all the same. i totally hear you on the issue of "being present" and not buried in a screen. since i spend 98% of the time outside of work alone with the baby, i often find myself sitting somewhere with a perfectly perfect baby on my lap while playing on my phone. i spend all day on a computer and for some reason i feel compelled to "plug in" at home too. it's a shame, but i have to tell myself to just put it away and soak up the moments in life that actually matter - NOT words with friends or something silly like that.
Can you bring some of that weather with you when you come? Actually, it's been quite wonderful (comparatively speaking) this week. It makes me happy.
So glad you've gotten a steady stream of visitors this summer! I'm sure it's helped make the transition easier.
Yay for fall weather! I'm hoping our small weather changes are a sign that fall may be coming, SOON I hope! I'll have to get that Italian sausage soup recipe from you, it sounds delicious :)
Post a Comment