Out my window: 51 degrees but it is overcast. It is supposed to be warm until Friday then get chilly brrrrr. The leaves are all past peak now. Settling in for the long winter on the horizon.
Clothing myself in: Grey cords, black Army hoodie.
Around the house: Joe rerouted some of the light switches in the basement since we are putting up some walls in the storage and utility area. Almost done with the dry wall in the basement hallway. While he was doing that, the kids and I went into their basement toy room, which had gotten a bit out of control, and reorganized everything. And I cleaned up the long neglected laundry room. And he cleaned the garage. It was a pretty productive weekend, I would say.
The baby: He took it easier on us last week- had a couple of days of almost sleeping through the night and was sleeping in till 5:30 or 6:00 (perspective! I wish I could have told Teenage Erin that 6:00 would be a luxurious wake-up at some point!) But his 4:20 shenanigans today indicate that this reprieve might have come to an end. I hate to wish away his babyhood, but I am just able to deal with life better when I have had sleep. At this point, even a mediocre night's sleep is appreciated.
We outwitted him! We put in a locking mechanism up high so that he can't try to escape out the back door now. His current favorite activity is climbing on the end table next to the chair and flinging himself over the side of the chair into the lap of the person sitting in it. Or onto their head. And then he climbs down, goes over to the end table again. Repeat. He likes this a lot. It isn't so much fun if you are looking to relax in the chair.
The kiddos: They are all super excited about Halloween next week. Still need to nail down costumes for them. They were all going to be Star Wars characters. Being a frugal person, I tried to convince Adelle to be Rapunzel, because she already has a Rapunzel dress and I didn't want to have to buy her a costume- it worked. And I have a dragon costume for George. And I think that Issy was then thinking she could be something else. I have slight Mom guilt about sabotaging their costume plan and then I remember that is less I have to buy or put together and I feel better.
Crafting: Working on some charity knitting. It shouldn't take long and then maybe I will have had enough space from my sweater sleeve to go back to it.
In the kitchen: Homemade chicken, bacon, ranch pizza on the pizza stone I picked up super cheap from Aldi. I have wanted a pizza stone for a while and this one was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. We are also having some BBQ meatloaf with garlic mash potatoes and some grilled chicken soup.
Bringing me joy: Watching Liam enjoy reading so much that he can do it for hours and hours. George's belly laugh. The way Adelle ran up to me all excited when Toto's Africa came on. Taking silly pictures of Issy and Isaac in the woods.
Thinking about: Voting. Oy. I don't normally talk politics, but I will say that I am unimpressed with my Presidential choices this year.
Picture to share: Issy took this one yesterday. She said, "It is the big monster eating the teeny tiny car"

1 comment:
We're having meatloaf today, and thanks to you I think I'll do mashed potatoes to go along with it, we have some I should really use.
Tagged that chicken soup recipe, will have to try it.
Post a Comment