I decided to purchase the MODG syllabus again this year. I am really pleased that I did- I am using it as a base and substituting and/or adding things wherever I like. It has been really nice to have a guide, though.
The handwriting book that MODG syllabus recommends. Liam is pretty meticulous with his handwriting.
Aesop's Fables for reading aloud and then narrating and illustrating in his book.
Religion- MODG recommends the First Communion Catechism and to do reading about saints and draw pictures of them in a Saint Book. I wanted to organize our saint readings so I looked them up in the various saint books we own and wrote down what pages they were on so I wouldn't have to do it on that day. Much better and easier to keep up with.
MODG recommends 100 Easy Lessons for phonics but Liam has kind of outgrown that, so I picked up this workbook. It is also nice to have a go-to learning page when I am putting the baby down for a nap or making lunch.
Poetry- Memorizing and then retelling/ illustrating various poems
Working on the Chronicles of Narnia for our Literature.
MODG recommends A Beka math but we have been using Math U See and like it so I decided not to switch. We are finishing up his Primer book and will be starting Alpha in a couple of weeks.
Nature Study- I like this little book. Some of the little activities we use and some of them we don't but it is nice for getting ideas.
I bought this back when Issy was using MODG for Kindergarten and haven't looked at it much since. Broke it back out for Liam.
We are keeping things simple and straightforward for things like social studies, other science, geography and such. We explore topics as he is interested in them, as well. He is really thriving this year.











2 comments:
Enjoyed this post...looks like you have some great resources to work with. I looked at the Child Size Masterpieces book once but it intimidated me a bit...
Sounds really good! Annika is narrating Aesop's Fables too and she really enjoys them.
Post a Comment