Clothing myself in: Flannel snowman pajama pants, Rocky Mountain National Park long sleeve shirt and a brown cardigan. Classy.
Around the house: The house was nice and clean for our guests last week, and now... well, not so much. Laundry is the word of the day around here.
The baby: His bottom right molar has been through for a week? two? now. I think his top one might be poking through too, but I am reluctant to get my fingers into his mouth for too long (he also doesn't particularly care for it). Ahhhh, teeth. He started waving this week. And the kids have been teaching him how to howl. Which is kind of weird, but you know.
The kiddos: Had an awesome time with Grammie and Grandpa and Uncle John during our visit. Issy said that Black Friday shopping was everything she hoped it would be :) We celebrated our Christmas with the Marneys (they brought their gifts so that they could watch them open them) which they loved- lots of stuff for playing in the snow: snow saucers, boots, a coat for Isaac. The kids loved goofing off with Grandpa and Uncle John and snuggling with Grammie.
Adelle has entered another, erm, mischievous phase. She drew on the wall last week (prompting the painting), she drew on her toybox on Friday, cut her hair yesterday, got a hold of my Kindle and bought on audiobook. Yeah. Hope this is short lived.
Crafting: Finished the rest of the Patricks yesterday and my friend is mailing them out tomorrow. Fun! I ripped back the sweater sleeve and it wasn't horrible. Now I just need to get it back on the needles and make a plan.
In the kitchen: Cookies! The kids have a school Christmas Bazaar and all the families have to make 20 dozen cookies for a cookie walk. I am about 4 1/2 dozen into it, hoping to make another 6 1/2 today. Have to have them at school by Friday.
Bringing me joy: Getting to spend time with my extended family, Issy getting all excited about knitting herself a scarf, stroking Delle's hair while she is going to sleep, the way Isaac loves to help me in the kitchen, Isaac singing Liam to sleep at night, Liam chattering to me while I bake.
Thinking about: Advent. I have really grown to love Advent as it's own time. Trying to decide what Advent customs and traditions to incorporate into our home this year.
Pictures to share: Marney Christmas at Thanksgiving
Tea time with Grammie and Uncle John





3 comments:
I love that last picture, pinkies out :)
I totally relate about being sad when the house gets trashed after its soooo clean. Sigh. I wonder if I will miss that when the kids are grown up?
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!
Glad you had a great thanksgiving! I guess you can't skip out of the cookies when it's a small school. Winter will be fun for you guys, I hope we get at least one good snow for fun.
I'm a bad commenter, but I wanted you to know that I love love your journals so much! It's such a great glimpse into your life.
Post a Comment