Clothing myself in: Fleece Tinkerbell pajama pants and a pink Garden of the Gods hoodie.
Around the house: Productive weekend, though that is really more of Joe's triumph than mine. He cleared most of the rest of the oak branches to our limb pile in the woods, and finished the table top. Oh, I don't think I have mentioned the table? Yeah, he is refinishing it. Again. This will be the fourth time since Spring of 2007. This time: natural color table and bench tops, white supports. The table and bench tops are beeeeautiful. We are trying to get it done for Thanksgiving.
Got the Rubbermaid Reveal mop. Amazing! It is everything I wanted the Swiffer to be, but wasn't. Easy to use, reuseable pad (that is super easy to attach), make your own solution. Thanks, friends. My yucky floor thanks you, too. Question: for those with wood laminate, what is your favorite cleaning solution?
The baby: Has been "sleeping in" until after six the last few days. He has also been napping well again. Please, please, please, let it continue. I moved the books from the shelf and he decided that I made him a nice ladder to climb :-/
The kiddos: Report cards and conferences went really well. Issy and Isaac's teachers had a lot of good things to say about them. Again, so grateful to have found such a compatible school.
The kids are off of school this Friday and all of Thanksgiving week (is Thanksgiving really next week?!). Need to plan some things out to do with them, so we don't all get on each other's nerves. Also, clean. Lots of cleaning. And recleaning.
Crafting: The Kateris are all Mod Podged. I started on the St. Patricks this weekend. Two done, ten to go. Also, I gives me a chance to legitimately avoid working on my sweater.
In the kitchen: Nothing terribly exciting- keeping it simple this week as we gear up for the holidays.
Bringing me joy: First snow, clean floors, laying George down awake and having him just fall asleep on his own, my husband, random 65 degree November days, smashing (our own, old) pumpkins with the kids, beautiful and soft refinished wood, the silly and random conversations that facebook allows me to have with my friends in Kansas.
Thinking about: The kids growing up. They all so sincerely love to hang out with me and Joe. I realize that there will come a day when they do not want to hang around us all the time. I need to make the most of this time, even if it feels overwhelming sometimes. This is the only now I am ever going to get. No redos.
Pictures to share: Woke up to it snowing on Tuesday. Joe snapped this one with this camera phone.
My sweet little Liam love.


3 comments:
I use hot water and a bit (tablespoon or two?) of vinegar in my reveal on our laminate and ceramic tile. Works like a charm. I had been using Mrs. Meyers which I really liked, but I think it gummed something up on the inside because the handle/squeeze thing got all funny on one and I took it back. The second one started to do that and I switched to vinegar and it's been fine since. So I guess the moral of the story is I wouldn't suggest Mrs. Meyers, I would recommend vinegar.
So...next week is Hunting Season in WI (as in deer gun season). It is practically a holiday in many small towns hence a week off of school. Growing up it was my favorite holiday! Be sure to wear blaze orange if you're out in the woods...and if you need any tips about getting the big buck...let me know this will be one of the first seasons I'm not in the woods. :-( But the baby is worth it even if we're currently in a holding pattern.
I love imagining you in those tinkerbell pjs. It made me a little sad though wishing we coudl see you all more often. Alaina and I were just talking today hoping she'd get some time to skype with Issy next week.
I am very curious about this Reveal mop now, maybe if I ever mopped my floor would look better.
I'm thankful for our random conversations and reading your blog--it does make the distance not seem quite as far.
Love you friend!
Post a Comment