Thursday, January 3, 2013

Master bathroom makeover

Joe's sister and brother-in-law came to visit mid- December and they were nice enough to help us (well, really demonstrate how to) rip out all the linoleum and tile in our bathroom and  put down new tile.  I love the way it turned out! Thanks so much, Gina and Dave!!

It is dark, but this was the best "Before" picture I had.  The tub tile was fine, but not too exciting. It was the linoleum that was not-so-good.  It had scroll-y things. And pink flowers.  
Demo shot. We (Dave) had to replace the sheetrock because it was pretty weak in that spot.
She is a Master Tile Layer.
Ready to caulk.
 I finished painting, we reinstalled the toilet, and sealed the grout.

Here it is, all finished!
 Detailed in the corner:
 Pretty glass tile:

10 comments:

Joseph said...

Oh man! You can't even see the part I did around the baseboard! ;-)

Erin said...

Do you want me to go and take a picture of it right now? I can...

Mary Elizabeth said...

The comments crack me up!! But BEAUTIFUL JOB!! Would you like to come do ours?!?! Our bathroom has been in NEED of a make-over for over a year now. Or maybe we could just come over to your house to pee. . . :)

Erika Marie said...

wow! It's so beautiful! I would love to redo our bathroom shower tile like this one day. where did you get your tile from?

Erin said...

That would be a long drive, Mary, lol.

We got the tile and supplies at Home Depot, Erika. We opted for the relatively cheap $0.99 a sq/ft ceramic tile since that was the bulk of the project and splurged on the glass tile.

Jackie said...

How gorgeous!! It really looks great. These are the kinds of projects that kind of freak Joel and I out as homeowners. But way to go Marney's, a beautiful improvement.

Michelle said...

Oh my that looks awesome!

Allison said...

That looks great guys!!! Way to go!

http://sarahunfiltered.wordpress.com said...

WOW!!!!!! It is amazing! Seriously. Ryan and his dad are tiling our non-working fireplace this weekend, and we picked similar mosaic tile. (I actually like yours a little better! ;) )

Debi said...

That is so AWESOME!!! Great work and beautiful tiles!!