Joe has been off work since the 22nd, so we have been decking the halls, wrapping presents, making bierocks, playing games, watching movies, playing in the snow, going on a date and generally just enjoying the break. I might update on some of those things later, but Joe has already documented a bit of that on his blog, Wonderfield, so you can mosey on over there if you would like.
So. Waaaay back for Christmas of 2008, Mom and Dad Marney bought me some cross country skis. I found my happy place. Alta, Wyoming. Teton Canyon. It was a great way to work out, have some peaceful time, enjoy winter. The next winter, we found ourselves back in Kansas, which is decidedly not cross-country skiing friendly, since skiing requires, you know, snow. So they collected dust for the next three winters.

See the dust?
I took them for a spin out at the wildlife refuge and it was just as great as I remembered.
Snow makes winter good.



No comments:
Post a Comment