Out my window: 63 and overcast. Supposed to be warm and rainy the next few days. The mosquitoes came out last week. We bought some yard repellent and sprayed our yard Saturday. Normally, we are chemical free (cleaning products and such) but I don't particularly think it is healthy to be swarmed (no exaggeration) by mosquitoes every time you walk outside or have to wear super bug repellent on the skin. So yeah, risks vs. benefits. But it took the mosquitoes from "Alfred Hitchcock Movie Level" to "Swat A Few Away Level", at least at midday. So we will just shower every night and that will be that. And hopefully, by the time we get back from Kansas, the worst will be over.
Clothing myself in: Black yoga pants, lavender shorted sleeved shirt, grey ankle socks.
Around the house: Well, Saturday afternoon we still had plague-like levels of mosquitoes so we stayed inside and I swept and mopped the floors really well. Kids + Animals + Sandy Soil= Perpetually messy floors. I started switching out the girl's clothes. I really need to help them clean their room and get all the winter stuff out of their drawers before we can go much further. And I need to put away the Easter decorations because now that Pentecost is over, I have officially run out of excuses.
We decided last week not to redo the floors in the kitchen right now. Joe is going to end up being down in IL for several days for work while I am gone and it would really rush him. It is perfectly workable right now and I would rather wait and just do it all at the same time. It is better this way.
Our biggest new thing around the house is our new Australian Shepherd pup named Critter. Never a dull moment!
The toddler: Back to early wake-ups and toxic smelling poo :( It was so much better at the end of April, then it was not as good but tolerable and now it is bad again. It seems to be cyclical, which is maddening. I am going to resume the food and poo diary, and I think we are going to go dairy-free after we are done traveling. If that doesn't help, I am going to take him back to the doctor. Frustrating.
Really cute though. He speaks so well. Some of his funnys: If you ask him to say sorry to someone, it doesn't matter who it is, he usually says, "Sorry, Delle". When Joe turns on the mower, he screams "DADDY! MOWER!" over and over. Pretty much until Joe is done. He loves loves loves his Daddy.
The kiddos: Three more days of school. It will be so great to have all my littles home. Take some getting used to, of course, but pretty exciting. They have all been a big help with the new doggie, especially in the potty training department. It is nice to rotate the responsibility of taking him out to potty during the day. Such great kids.
Crafting: Big project still in the works :)
In the kitchen: Turkey chili tonight, Spaghetti tomorrow, refried bean burritos.
Bringing me joy: Mango scented candle, Issy offering to sweep and mop the dining room without me asking, how much joy the girls have when I get out the hand-me-downs, playing frisbee in the yard with the kids, planting wildflowers with the kids, seeing Clementine get to take on her new role as older, wiser dog, the look of joy on my husband's face when he cuddles the new doggie.
Thinking about: Especially after my weekend last week, I have been pondering my blessings. My life isn't perfect- sometimes I get weighed down by kid misbehavior, money stress, misunderstandings, my lack of motivation and subsequent guilt, my short-temper.
But I have a beautiful, beautiful life. So many wonderful friends, a close-knit family, both my own little family and our families of origin. I have a beautiful house on beautiful (if not sometimes overly buggy ;) land. A husband who loves me, prickles and good things and all. And I think he is the bee's knees :) So much to be thankful for.
Pictures to share:
3 comments:
Ok, you've really got me curious about this crafting business you are being so secretive about...????
You are really really really good at writing joyfully. Even when I talk to you, you sound joyful - even though things aren't 'perfect'. It makes me happy knowing how happy you are.
Can Issy talk to Alaina about how good it is to offer to clean without asking. ;)
Yikes on the mosquito front. I really despise those.
We're all so excited you'll be here soon!
Toxic poop thing - have you considered a possible parasite issue? If it is cyclical that would make sense.
Oh, we can talk about crafting when I am in town. I am not trying to be too secretive, I just am in the preliminary stages of something.
Heh, about Issy talking to Alaina. The reason I wrote about it is because it is rare enough to be blogworthy ;)
Yes, I saw the pediatrician about a month ago and that is our next step- stool sample. He thought that was maybe less likely than a food issue since George is growing so well and normally, with a parasite, you would have weight issues. But it will be something we will have to rule out since it seems to be worsening again.
You inspire me Erin, you really do. Thank you for sharing. That's all.
Post a Comment