Out my window: 45 and cloudy.
Clothing myself in: Work jeans that have paint on them. Blue stripey shirt with a grey sweatshirt.
Around the house: Well, I was sick a couple of weekends ago, and Joe decided to put laminate in the kitchen while I was out. I mean, I knew he was doing it. We had talked about doing it for a while because that white linoleum was so difficult to clean. I mean, even after I cleaned it, it still looked very dingy. The laminate is lovely and so ridiculously easy to clean. It actually looks clean after I mop it!
Of course, these kinds of projects often lead to others, so I painted the reading nook with leftover paint from the master bathroom- love it! It's such a great color. And it means I didn't have to buy more paint :) We are also painting the kitchen cabinets white, which is a bit of a process, but it is coming along. We are also painting the kitchen with some basement paint, so yay- don't have to buy more paint there! I can't wait till it's finished.
We have also been working in the woods- Isaac got a hatchet for his birthday, so he has been an enthusiastic participant. We have had to take out some trees because of oak wilt and a few of our pines have died because of the drought. It would be perfect if the ticks hadn't come back out :P
The toddler: Overall, pretty great. We are getting more "after six a.m." days which I am grateful for. He loves playing outside. Talks all the time. Still working on gentleness, but improving.
The kiddos: Got mid-terms last week. Everyone did pretty great, overall. Everyone needs to work on their handwriting, lol. I really love their school. Love that it is small, love that they love it. I feel really blessed that we found it.
In the kitchen: This butternut squash, pasta and butter thing. I make some substitutions because I haven't been able to find orecchiette or chicken sausage. But it is super yum anyways.
Crafting: Nope. All creative energy has been spent redoing the kitchen.
Bringing me joy: Watching Joe and George play together. Hugging my very tall Issy. Seeing how proud Isaac is about his hatchet. Listening to Liam read. Listening to tell sing Jars of Clay songs.
Thinking about: DATE TOMORROW NIGHT! Josh Groban and spending the night in a hotel in Minneapolis. Seriously, really really excited. I love my kids to pieces but I am so looking forward to 24 hours of just concentrated marriage time. And sleep. Really excited about the sleep.
1 comment:
I'm excited for your weekend date! I hope it's going well!
Post a Comment