Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I live in Idaho

Well, the move is complete. Now to unpack, yuck. We don't have the same amount of space or structure to this house, so there are things that fit well at our old house and not here. I have a ton of knick knacks, but Liam definitely limits the amount of things that i can put on lower bookshelves. The kids haven't been sleeping well the last couple of nights, therefore, we have not been sleeping well the last couple of nights.

It is crazy beautiful here. The pictures just don't do it justice because it isn't just a visual thing. You have to be able to smell the pines and hear the wind rustling the aspen outside my kitchen window and and feel the cool breeze blow through the house. I find myself liking it despite myself. I feel a bit like a traitor.

I only wish that my friends and family could be here. It isn't quite as good without them to share it with.

Joe is going to rig things so i can use my computer and download pictures. Until then, it is just me rambling...

7 comments:

Dana said...

Well, in Kansas today, there was a beautiful 90 degree breeze with about 100% humidity! Surely you miss that:) I think I would prefer the cool breeze. We love you!

Erin said...

Well, you'll have to have come up here, then won't you? ;) I mean, surely the house wouldn't fall apart if Jody was in charge for a few days, right?

Dana said...

yeah right, I came home tonight and there was popcorn and ice cream and Jimmy Nutron on as he worked in the bedroom. Imagine a week, anyway squeeky suburban would probably not make it. Maybe you can bottle the breeze up for me.

Erika Marie said...

sounds like a perfect way to de-stress, albeit the boxes that are calling out to you :)
Yes I agree with Dana, a nice breeze sounds great with a mix of pine :) It hasn't been too bad although I'm thinking a nice dunk in a pool would be nice soon.
We'll just to all move up there sometime ;)

I've been wanting to call and chat but can't seem to steal away time to do that without getting interrupted. Alaina has talked about you all everyday so far and asked if we are going there on friday.

Erin said...

Hmmmmm, i wonder if there is a way to bottle the breeze? I could make a fortune and then fly you all up to visit me!

I understand about finding time to call. It seems that my children get exponentially needier when i get on the phone. Tell Alaina that i love her and will talk to her soon!

Michelle said...

The weather sounds lovely. Can't wait to see more pictures!

CNH said...

We miss you guys! It sounds so lovely that I might have to bundle all my kids in the car and come for a visit!