So we finally decided that Issy is going to be homeschooled this fall. I am feeling good and nervous about this venture in our life, but it seems to make most sense. Joe and i decided we liked the curricula by Mother of Divine Grace School It is very structured, which i think will be good for both Issy and i as we get into this. Our life is lacking in any sort of order currently and it is driving me crazy. I am hoping the structure will cultivate good habits.
This is our test year. We shall see how we like the program and supplement/substitute as we see fit. The kind of beautiful thing about home education is that you can taylor it to suit your child's needs, which is ideal. I told her we would get her special notebooks and pencils just for "school" and this really excited her :) I feel very at peace with our decision.
On a side note: Prayers would be deeply appreciated. Joe has an interview for a graphic design position with a company in Jackson on Monday at 1 MST. Hopefully, this will be the one!
6 comments:
Homeschooling will be exciting!
have you seen this? http://ebeth.typepad.com/reallearning/2007/09/index.html
And I will keep the job situation in my prayers.
I'm glad that you have found a homeschooling curriculum for Issy. I can't believe that Issy is such a big girl already!
Praying for the right job for Joe and for his next boss to super wonderful.
My sister (mishysquishy) and friend have raved all about Real Learning to me! I hadn't actually checked out the blog, i'll have to add it to my list :) How did your oldest guy do at the Catholic School this year?
Thanks for the prayers on the job, it is much appreciated!
Catholic school has been going great so far! Luckily we had a great teacher and that helped. I'm a little scared of next year with my Creature starting kindergarten though! :)
good luck on both pieces of news!!!
yay! I'm very excited for Issy and you and Joe too! :) It'll be fun :)
I was praying for Joe yesterday and today because I was told it was yesterday and today by 2 different people so hopefully it all went super wonderfully!
Post a Comment