Saturday, June 7, 2008

Trying to be patient

Of all virtues that come easily to me, patience isn't one of them.

The two things that i struggle with the most are laziness and lack of patience. Truth be told, i am terrible at self- discipline. I want what i want when i want it. There have been times when i have been nursing Liam to sleep in a dark room, knowing that if i try to leave too soon that he'll cry and we'll have to start over again but about to crawl out of my skin because i am so impatient with the whole process. It is a near constant internal struggle to do what i know needs to be done instead of just throwing in the towel.

I know that God has a great plan in store for our family. And i am really trying to be patient. I remember reading once that sometimes God's way of answering your prayers for patience is to give you more opportunities to exercise patience. Well, He has been working on refining me the last 6 years. And it is growing with increasing intensity. So He must think i am up to the challenge. And so i go on, knowing that the only thing that will bring peace to my heart is simply.... patience.

3 comments:

Joseph said...

Gosh, get on the ball, I can't believe it's our anniversary and you haven't even posted anything about it. All this, "why can't I be patient" crap....HELLO?!?!

ArmyWife said...

true that! i clicked on your blog expecting a mushy anniversary post that would make me cry!
Happy Anniversary to both of you!! I remember very well your beautiful wedding day and how much you both were glowing with happiness and love. I know that the joy it brings me to see your family blossom is minimal compared to the joy that you both have been given over the last 6 years. I wish you many more blessings in the years to come!

Erin said...

You two :P Give a woman a chance to work on her sappy mushy post! Patience!