Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My cozy corner of the world



I have had the opportunity to spend my Saturdays at the yarn store for the last few months. I have no complaints. I get the chance to unwind, to sit and knit in front of the cozy stove, to talk to people about yarn and all the beautiful things they can make with it. It is nice to have some down time, away from the kiddos for a few hours (because who doesn't need a break from all that cuteness ;) And these days, I don't get much knitting time at home, since Liam is always on the move and, frankly, by the time he is in bed, I am just too darn tired. Because of my Saturday time, I have been able to nearly complete a sweater for myself (just need to finish a sleeve). I should be done and modeling by Sunday :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I want your job :) I need to get you to send some of that yarny goodness my way since I have been the nesting knitter lately.

pianomanda said...

Ok, I STILL haven't taken the time to learn how to knit... how long have I been saying I need to?? :) But that store looks scrumptious! The colors are beautiful and the fireplace is so cozy... I'm glad you get some cozy time! :)

ArmyWife said...

good for you! for some reason i had flashbacks of visiting you at work for that brief period of working at the Icing. i chuckle to myself at the way our lives have shifted focus.

Erin said...

Just call Erika, they have knitting at her house every (other?) week, I am sure someone wouldn't mind showing you :)

Ahhh, my illustrious career at Claire's. We were at the mall in Idaho Falls and Issy was very impressed that I once worked at such a cool place :)

Unknown said...

I haven't been dedicated to my knitting much lately..i need a new project (i think i got some knitting ADD from a friend of mine ;)) But, when i come visit, i want to go shopping and take advantage of your discount...can I???!