Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Well, no pictures....

... but not because of a lack of trying. I have tried to upload my pictures on two computers in a couple of different ways the last couple of days, but to no avail. Joe said he would look at it for me, so I must wait patiently.

Life is life here. I am starting to have a good, normal-feeling day here and there, which is nice. I am hoping to get more of those, the first trimester blehs are getting old. I am truly thankful, though, when I consider how much better I have it than some women. In all of my pregnancies, I have had varying degrees of nausea/tiredness during the first trimester, but I never actually get *sick* which is awesome. So I will not complain :)

I am really looking forward to this Advent/Christmas season. The kids and I have started our Jesse tree, which they thought was very cool. We also got out our Advent wreath and I am hoping to make a paper chain of things we do that are kind for each day of Advent. We are staying here for Christmas, since traveling last year was such a nightmare. I am going to miss our family and friends, but it is also going to be nice to start some of our own family traditions. Issy and I were actually just talking today about what kind of cake to make Jesus for his birthday. We might have to take a vote.

So something nerdy I am really excited about. I got one of my Christmas presents early: cross- country skis! I am so excited, I want it to start snowing more (there is snow on the mountains but nothing substantial has stuck around in the Valley yet). I can't wait to get started! This is going to be a good way to stay in shape during this pregnancy :) I actually dream about my skis often.

My housekeeping has suffered the last couple of months, with the lack of motivation. The spirit is willing and all that stuff...

I am off for now (to do the dishes, actually) but will post when I have the pics!

4 comments:

pianomanda said...

I'm so jealous of your "never actually getting *sick*" :) But I'll tell you it's all worth it when you get to hold the babes in your arms, that's for sure! :)

...and is skiing SAFE while inhabiting a little spud?? Or is it different than the crazy-zig-zag speeding-down-mountains-at break-neck-speeds that I think of when I see the word "ski"??

Erin said...

Hee hee. Everyone I have told about my skis has asked me, alarmed, if that is something I should do pregnant. Yes, it is different than downhill skiing. Picture hiking, only with snow and skis. I am dubious about my coordination to downhill ski when my center of gravity isn't shifting, so I won't be trying that this year ;)

Monica said...

I never got sick sick either, just felt nauseous and worn out...and while that's certainly no fun, it certainly could be worse, and MOST certainly is worth it. At any rate, hope you start feeling better soon, mine pretty much cleared by my second tri.

And regarding the Jesse tree, I just mentioned to Aaron this weekend that I thought that would be a fun tradition in addition to the Advent wreath when Gemma gets a bit older. Where did you get the stuff, book, etc. to do it?

Erin said...

Joe's Mom actually bought the Jesse tree ornament kit with her... they are cardstock ornaments that you cut out and color and they come with a little booklet. Illuminated Ink is the company that prints it.