I have had some knitting time in the last few day because a) Liam had the stomach flu on Friday so we spent the day on the couch watching Dora and trying to convince him he didn't want to eat/drink because he was just going to get sick again. Good times. and b) I was at the yarn shop on Saturday. So I got to complete the first of my lacy, beautiful, springy (as in springtime, not bouncy) socks. This first pose, let me say, not terribly easy to take a picture of your own leg like that. Maybe even moreso during gestation. But I made the commitment to contort myself because I thought it was a nice way to show off the sock.


So now you all know that one entire sock is completed. So that we don't have a fiasco like the one mentioned in the previous post, where beautiful socks were put down for over a year, I need to ask a favor. Please harass me about working on the second sock. I might not get to it until this weekend, because you know, I have to take care of the kids and clean and make food and stuff. Just periodically ask me how it is going. Accountability.
3 comments:
Very lovely and nice modeling pose!
You know that I still (and probably forever will) envy your ability to knit, clean, cook, homeschool and take loving care of three babies while preggo... So keep it up! Finish that sock so you stay up on my pedestal! (even though you will , whether or not you finish that sock) ;) But I'm sure those toes will be cold, and I hate cold toes, don't you? There ya go - wear the one that's finished to remind you that the other one is not. ;)
The cleaning is the first thing to go ;) Seriously though, I couldn't do it without Joe, I wouldn't get nearly as much downtime without him. Hooray for sweet hubby!
Post a Comment