21 weeksYay! Past the halfway point! I took this picture yesterday, apologies for the slightly crazy look on my face (I'll explain why down post), but there is the belly. I feel very small. This little lady isn't going to be moose-y like my boys, I don't believe. I might actually have an average sized baby. She is growing just fine, I just don't think she is going to be huge. She is very very feisty though. I have been feeling her move for about 3 weeks now and in the last week, she has really begun to have regular periods of movement. And big movement at that. She does it when I lay down with Liam for naptime and in the evening. And sometimes in between ;) It is very exciting and quite reassuring, it makes me feel better to have little reminders. Ask me how I feel about the kicking in another couple of months!
Getting prepared for the appt next Wednesday. A friend of mine is all set to baby-sit (which the kids are really excited about- she has a four and six year old that they love to play with!) which takes a load off my mind. Just trying not to be anxious about what the appt may or may not tell us.
RE: the crazy face. Liam has tried (once more) to test the edges of my sanity. I think I am rising to the occasion nicely, although I am not sure how much longer I can do this. He got sick last week, bad cough. This made him tired and verrrry grouchy. Luckily, because of the tired, we didn't have to endure as much grouchy. Now the tired has worn off, the cough is sounding better, but the grouchy... ohhhh, the grouchy. For reasons otherworldly, I was able to be verrrry patient with him yesterday, for the most part, but oh, was he a bear. He whined and threw a fit about e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. He was unpleasant in one way or another the majority of the day. It is days like yesterday that make me doubt my ability to be the mother of four (or at least, the mother of a newborn and Liam).
And then, he slept badly last night. Clearly, he is in pain or something is bothering him, but he is still not articulate enough to tell us why. So he just kept waking up and crying. He would scoot close to my head. And I would pat him and he would go back to sleep for fifteen minutes to an hour. Repeat. Oy. I think if he ever starts feeling better, he will do just fine on a mattress on our floor, but we have to get him well to get there.
In happy knitting news, Adelle is accumulating a nice stash of wool for when she is born. I'll share in the next post :)
Getting prepared for the appt next Wednesday. A friend of mine is all set to baby-sit (which the kids are really excited about- she has a four and six year old that they love to play with!) which takes a load off my mind. Just trying not to be anxious about what the appt may or may not tell us.
RE: the crazy face. Liam has tried (once more) to test the edges of my sanity. I think I am rising to the occasion nicely, although I am not sure how much longer I can do this. He got sick last week, bad cough. This made him tired and verrrry grouchy. Luckily, because of the tired, we didn't have to endure as much grouchy. Now the tired has worn off, the cough is sounding better, but the grouchy... ohhhh, the grouchy. For reasons otherworldly, I was able to be verrrry patient with him yesterday, for the most part, but oh, was he a bear. He whined and threw a fit about e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. He was unpleasant in one way or another the majority of the day. It is days like yesterday that make me doubt my ability to be the mother of four (or at least, the mother of a newborn and Liam).
And then, he slept badly last night. Clearly, he is in pain or something is bothering him, but he is still not articulate enough to tell us why. So he just kept waking up and crying. He would scoot close to my head. And I would pat him and he would go back to sleep for fifteen minutes to an hour. Repeat. Oy. I think if he ever starts feeling better, he will do just fine on a mattress on our floor, but we have to get him well to get there.
In happy knitting news, Adelle is accumulating a nice stash of wool for when she is born. I'll share in the next post :)
4 comments:
You look great!
I want to look so foxy at 4.5 months preggo!
ps-are ALL of your posts labeled rambling? ;-)
Just the ones in which I share my thoughts. Kind of a miscellaneous, if you will. Because when I share my thoughts, I tend to ramble ;)
You really do look great!
p.s...you should have joe take your picture, even though your self photos make me smile :)
Post a Comment