Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Handknits for Adelle

This Mama has been busy knitting some wool soakers for my new little Spud. Before I found out our Spud was a girl, I knit the two soakers pictured above, which I call the Chocolate Milk soaker and the Sunshine soaker. The Sunshine soaker is a newborn size... so teeny tiny and quick to knit. The Chocolate Milk soaker is a size small, I think I am going to do some embellishment to give it a feminine touch. Last week when we found out we were having a little girl, I started a Sheepy Sack, which is the one in the middle in pink and brown. It is just a long tube, basically, with a drawstring at the waist. This makes for quick nighttime diaper changes with minimal fuss.

Adelle also has a couple of soakers coming from Aunt Michelle, who knit a couple of girly ones before she found out she was having a baby boy.

And never fear, I have been working on my second sock. I have about half of the cuff done. I work on Saturday, so I am hoping to get it done by the end of the weekend so I can continue my Adelle knitting without guilt.

3 comments:

pianomanda said...

1. I was going to ask about your sock :)

2. I love baby spud's full name - BEAUTIFUL!!

3. You look SO super cute! Almost makes me miss a belly! almost.

Erin said...

I love being pregnant because I don't feel self conscious about my tummy. And I love rubbing the baby bump :)

pianomanda said...

Ok, you got me there. I do miss rubbing it. And watching it move. I don't know how many evenings I spent on the couch just watching it - literally! I just don't miss everything else that it did to my body... i.e. sickness!