Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Results are in!

We found out today that Adelle is negative for the Kell antigen!

The rest of the story:
The drive was *much* smoother today than last week. I went alone this week and I rocked out to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. I am a really fantastically good singer when I am in the car alone ;) I am hoping that even in utero, I am able to instill in Adelle a love for musicals, but especially the Phantom of the Opera. Someday she'll thank me for this :)

Made much better time this week, which was nice. Got in there, and I had a new sonogram technician. He did all the growth measurements and then went on to the MCA doppler. I have watched 45 or 50 of these done, so I know what constitutes a "good" reading, and I could tell he wasn't getting one. Her reading was very high, in the transfusion range. I was concerned, to say the least, but I was planning on having the doctor/ another tech do one to make sure the results duplicated.

Unfortunately, right as my sono was done, the doctor got called away into surgery. So I knitted ferociously, trying not to stress out about the bad readings. And I waited.

Finally, the doctor came in. He said that he was trying to obtain the amnio results and he decided to do an MCA himself. I could tell that he got a much better, more accurate reading. And his results was waaaay out of transfusion range. He was about to repeat his to make sure he got to the same thing when the nurse came and with the result of the amnio. Negative!!! I cried, I was just so relieved.

So we are done with that. No more MCAs, no more high-risk doctor. She just gets to grow in peace and in quiet until she picks an early summer day to make her appearance.

3 comments:

Stephaniewhite said...

So happy for you!!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Whew! Huge sigh of relief! Enjoy gestating in peace Adelle!