Thursday, October 29, 2009

An "All over the place" post

Just cuteness, waiting to bake pumpkin bread with me.

My brain often works overtime. So in an effort to purge myself of the thoughts that are rolling around in there, I am going to jump from thing to unrelated thing in this post. Hang on.

-Life with Liam has gotten (relatively) much easier lately. In a weeks time, he stopped nursing, started to go to bed without us "sleeping him" (i.e. sitting in his bedroom until he fell asleep) and started to do rest time in the afternoon without a fight. I have waited three years and two months for this. It is just as magical as it sounds. The amount of free time (ha, like any mother really has free time! it is always something, right?) I have now is ridiculous.

- Simultaneously, where did my little baby boy go? Just wow. He has always been my little guy who did his own thing, in his own time, when it was his idea- which was often exhausting. Honestly, as one of my friends and I have spoken about often in regards to our three-year-olds, all the things that sincerely drive me crazy about Liam are the things that are going to make him a really interesting adult. I look forward to someday seeing the fruits of my labor.

-I love canned pumpkin. Seriously, a lot. I mean, yes, you can bake and puree your own pumpkin (Michelle!) but that takes time and effort. Which would mean that I would likely never get it done. It really simplifies baking pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies. Delish.

- I am pretty sure that I read about knitting more than I actually knit. This is due in part to Ravelry which is basically a gigantic database of knitters/patterns/yarns. It is an amazing resource. I like to knit, of course, but part of it isn't the physical act of knitting, but also an appreciation of the finished product and the work that it took to make it. And I can only make so many knitted things, so I enjoy looking at what other people have made. It is like art, really :)

- On days when I feel like a bad housekeeper, unorganized and unmotivated, I have to remind myself how far I have come.

-I love the feeling of Adelle's fuzzy head on my cheek. I think it is the small things like this that make motherhood all worthwhile. I don't know if/when I will have more babies so I am very careful to make sure I notice this while I can.

That is all for now. I am sure there will be more randomness some other time though.

5 comments:

pianomanda said...

I love you, Erin. When can we come visit?? I feel bad that we haven't been over yet :(

Angie said...

Great post...I followed you completely!

Michelle said...

All over the place post, hmmm sounds like our phone conversations :)

Just for the record, I have used canned pumpkin and I do not shun it. I however do like to the process of baking my own pumpkin to use in recipes and its fun activity to cut into the pumpkin with the kids.

Liam is growing into such a big boy and its nice to get to see this.

I love fuzzy baby head :)

mary said...

you're a GREAT momma. maybe being closer in distance made our prayers for liam more effective?! just a theory.

Jackie said...

i think all the three year-olds must be maturing, life with jude has become (relatively) more peaceful as well. and i like adelle's fuzzy head too :)