I like sleep. A lot. When I was in high school and early college, I used to sleep as much as humanly possible while still being a productive person. Too bad you can't save sleeping points, because I would have been set well into my thirties.You say, "But wait, Erin, your blog title is Lent. Why are you talking about sleep?"
I still love my sleep. I don't remember the last time I slept through the night on a consistent basis. When Issy was an infant? At any rate, a long time ago. Because I still get up with Adelle 2-4 times a night, I usually roll out of bed about the time that Joe is going to work.
So my Lenten resolution is to get out of bed early and spend a half an hour on prayer and reflection before starting my day. It is going... interestingly? I am hoping that this will help me to work on spiritual and physical self-discipline.
So there, I said it. Ask me how it is going in a week or two.
Edited to Add: It was brought to my attention that perhaps this post might be kind of like what Jesus was talking about not doing in the Gospel on Wednesday Not my intention. I am only putting this out here because frankly, I am lazy. And I need accountability. I figured if I wrote it down, I would be more likely to follow through instead of rolling over in bed when my alarm goes off.
2 comments:
I like this. It will keep me accountable too :)
OH GIRL! I gave up the snooze button one year, set the alarm 30 minutes early, and read spiritual books during that time. it was a trying lent .... and perhaps why I'm not one of the millions who fawn all over "The Story of a Soul" ..... because I was sleep deprived and cranky. ;)
Post a Comment