I actually started this blanket in January. I have had partial skeins of yarn that I love from soakers I have knit over the years and I wanted to do something really special and beautiful with them. So I started knitting this pinwheel blanket, not actually knowing who to give it to. I picked it back up this summer and realized I had the perfect person to give it to :) A good friend (and fellow knitter) is having a baby in November and I thought she would really like it. Can't wait to see her bundle of preciousness all wrapped up in it.
Issy's pinwheel sweater. It turned out pretty generously sized for her, but that is okay with me. That just makes the knitting more worth my while.
One of my godsons just had his first birthday so I knit him a winter hat. Hopefully he isn't as hat-averse as George is. Need to mail this. Today, perhaps.
Another good friend had a baby a month ago and I thought this sweet little owl print was just too adorable not to be made into a blanket. And I had some blanket binding from George's Curious George blanket that I made last year that I knew would match just perfectly.





4 comments:
A wee bit?! You call that a wee bit?! Crafty Marney.
:) The top two I started last winter, put them down for months and had just finished. Oh, if only the kids didn't need to be fed and bathed and house didn't need to be cleaned- then I could do some serious crafting ;)
I love that blanket, I'm so glad I got to touch it before it was gifted :)
Is Issy really thrilled with her sweater? Well done!
Cute hat and blanket. I like your craftiness.
Well done E. I especially like the pinwheel blanket, but everything looks great.
Post a Comment