Tuesday, September 18, 2012

George's Birthday Extravaganza

We were able to have a first birthday party with our Kansas family when we were down there in August.  A little early, but it was nice to get to celebrate George with them.
Birthday cupcakes.  I think the candle freaked him out a bit.
I was reading the card- he just wanted to touch the button to make the lights flash and sirens go.
Lots of cousins and siblings.
Godfather!
His godmother.  And the cupcake.  He seems dubious.
He is thinking, "I wonder what happens if I just poke at it?"
"Well, this doesn't seem so bad..."
 "Nope, not bad at all."

We also had a little party for him here.  It was supposed to occur on his actual birthday but Joe had Strep throat and felt like death and George was boogery and grumpy so we postponed it.  We had it on the 15th instead, which was his due date, so at least a little significant.
He is thinking, "There she is, bringing the flaming thing out again..."
 I blew out the candle for him...
...and it made him feel like this.  Sorry, buddy.
 I thought it would make him happy to open his gift. Or want to flail out of my arms...
 But he liked the blocks once they were open.
 And we gave him some brownie.  Here he is, trying to happily hand me his spoon.
 And here he is, "NO, REALLY.  TAKE THE SPOON."

Ah, one-year-olds.  Happy birthday to my little chubby buddy :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ah, one year olds and their changeable moods. Totally know where you're coming from. Super cute pictures, I especially liked the face plant into the cupcake and your facial expression as he was flailing away from opening his gift. Happy belated birthday George!

Jackie said...

Great recording of what a one-year old's birthday really looks like. Dubious. Some crying. Enjoying sugar. Happy birthday to Georgie, he sure is a cute one.

Erin said...

Yes, this is reality with a toddler. Toddlers are interesting people.

Michelle said...

I am so glad we got to celebrate with George when you were here. I love the pictures from his birthday there, those pictures chronicle the reality of one year olds!